920 bricked after hard reset

Hunter Skipworth

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I gave my 920 a hard reset in the settings menu and it appears to have killed it. :(.

Trying a volume down and power rest does nothing, and I can't appear to get the exclamation mark screen listed in the service manual to do an OS reset.

Instead the phone either stays stuck on the Nokia logo screen, then goes black turns off and restarts with the nokia logo..

Or, strangely, if I mash the buttons enough, I get the attached screen, which I haven't seen before.

Any tips?

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I just had the same happen to mine. I'm staring at the Nokia logo right now. It's been this way for 20 minutes. If I do the 3 button reset, it just starts the same cycle over again -- AT&T logo screen, and Nokia logo screen forever. Yikes!

mdecker79

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue on launch day....

It would cycle through the nokia logo and the ATT logo...

Then after a few times.... I got a Please insert your windows CD to repair or reinstall.. LOL...

I picked up the phone and looked around to see where I could fit a CD in... but I couldn't find a spot.. :)

I had to exchange it for another phone.

dseiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing happen with my Red 920. It started having sound issues and then I tried to reset it thru the menu. Cogs on the screen which I let run for a couple hours and then I tried the button reset.

Ended up having to exchange it and got a white one. Hope that is a bug they fix.. Resetting should not brick the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium