Lumia 920 Screen/Phone Freeze

cardinalryan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this.

This has happened to my first L920, then also the one that I exchanged for. After making a phone call, the screen goes to snow, just like an old antenna tv that can't get a signal.

The only way to get out of this mode is to hold down the power button, then slide down on the screen as if you are turning the phone off...all the while, the phone remains stuck on the snow screen. The phone will shut off, then returns to normal after powering back on.

Like I said, this has happened multiple times to two different handsets. Has anyone else experienced this? Please see my attached picture (terrible pic) that I shot with my wife's phone and you can see exactly what I am talking about.

Suker4Deals

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just happened...

Just happened to me. Took the phone from my ear at the end of a call - and colored snow - worse than the kind your mother told you not to eat! Worried and dissatisfied...

Last edited:

cyclehide

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just happened...

Same here. frozen 3 times in 1 week.
Is there any solution for this ?
I have called Nokia support. They says this is software related problem and need to wait for software update.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this.

This has happened to my first L920, then also the one that I exchanged for. After making a phone call, the screen goes to snow, just like an old antenna tv that can't get a signal.

The only way to get out of this mode is to hold down the power button, then slide down on the screen as if you are turning the phone off...all the while, the phone remains stuck on the snow screen. The phone will shut off, then returns to normal after powering back on.

Like I said, this has happened multiple times to two different handsets. Has anyone else experienced this? Please see my attached picture (terrible pic) that I shot with my wife's phone and you can see exactly what I am talking about.

I just had it today... the exact same problem. While I was talking on a call, I got call wait signal. I took it off my ears to see who was waiting and I ended up with this old TV signal missing screen :( I had to soft reset, because I didn't know how to turn it off without looking at the screen. It happened only once so fat. I've been using this phone only for three days and this is my first freeze... Hate to see such things happen after you put so much money into it... How many times you had this? Did you notice any reason why this may happen? Any particular apps or things like that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs