How can I unlock my lumia 920

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Rumor is you have to wait 6 months. I assume that rumor is based solely on the length of exclusivity to AT&T, which is also a rumor FWIW.

scott19931223

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I am planning to go to AT&T store tomorrow, what plan I can get? Can I use prepaid SIM card in it? I really don't want to sign a contract with att.

xcharles718

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
You can sign up with an AT&T MVNO. Since they run of the AT&T network, you wouldn't need to unlock your phone.

Some AT&T MVNOs that offer prepaid services includes Net10 & Straight Talk(both part of Tracfone). There's also H20 wireless.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I asked about getting a Lumia 920 at an AT&T store today and was told it would take TWO YEARS before it could be unlocked, after a person's contract expired. WTF?? :mad: And no, I don't have a contract with them.

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I asked about getting a Lumia 920 at an AT&T store today and was told it would take TWO YEARS before it could be unlocked, after a person's contract expired. WTF?? :mad: And no, I don't have a contract with them.

Just ridiculous. I'm going to the MS store that's opening up near me in Toronto this Friday and they better be selling off contract 920s there or I will snap.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I am planning to go to AT&T store tomorrow, what plan I can get? Can I use prepaid SIM card in it? I really don't want to sign a contract with att.

You bought the phone off contract, you can use ATT service without tied into a 2 year contract because you didnt buy the phone at discounted price.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

That is essentially true, their policy is that the phone must be off contract and your account in good standing.

Here is the reality of it though, your plan is actually the 2 year deal not the phone itself, so you can actually get the unlock code eventually once exclusivity ends in about 6-months.

Im sure this site will post something, just go to att international chat and say you need it to use out of country. That is what i did with my 900.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is crap at these exclusive. Rogers from Canada is better at this. A guy from XDA said that he called Rogers after he bought the 920 and they actually unlocked it for him, the only downside is that he will have to pay $50 to get it unlocked. So for AT&T, I think they could do that but they are just greedy.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Just ridiculous. I'm going to the MS store that's opening up near me in Toronto this Friday and they better be selling off contract 920s there or I will snap.

6a0120a5f56aa0970c013488924df5970c-800wi

frageelay

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Picked mine up at the MS store no contract. However, it is locked. I have it running on 4G and it's zippy. Love when reviewers say zippy. Makes me laugh each time!:lol:

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Picked mine up at the MS store no contract. However, it is locked. I have it running on 4G and it's zippy. Love when reviewers say zippy. Makes me laugh each time!:lol:

I'm assuming you're in the US? Were the phones AT&T branded too? I better not see Rogers branding on the Lumias for sale at the MS store here because Michael Douglas form will fully be engaged.

Just sell me the damn phone! No contract! Unlocked! Unbranded!

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming you're in the US? Were the phones AT&T branded too? I better not see Rogers branding on the Lumias for sale at the MS store here because Michael Douglas form will fully be engaged.

9bvz0.png

frageelay

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yep. Doesn't look like it's coming off either. It could be worse I guess.

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I unlocked my Nokia Lumia 920 safer and easier using unlock code. I got the unlock code for my Nokia Lumia 920 from Wicked Unlock.com at affordable cost with easy step by step unlocking instructions. You guys too can visit here to get unlock code for a Nokia Lumia 920.

Never heard of these guys before. Anyone else tried them and had success?

jusatin

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
That guy is a marketer/works for the company he just linked. Just go look through his recent (all of 'em) posts and he's advertising the same company in each and every post he has made. Wouldn't trust the site.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

True to an extent. While you are officially eligible for a free unlock after you had it for 2 years (because of contract), you can easily get it unlocked from AT&T for free AFTER 6 months if you know how to ask. Or just buy an unlock online AFTER 6 months. 6 months is because AT&T will release codes after 6 months like they did with Lumia 900.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz