Reception Issues on Fido

Matt Fara

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My phone keeps switching between 3G, 4G, 4 bars, 1 bar, and sometimes no reception at all. I bought the phone from Rogers, and my Fido sim works in it without unlocking.
I'm trying to connect to LTE, which I still have not done, I can't even keep a stable 3G connection.
These are my APN settings:

APN:
LTEMOBILE.APN

User name:

Password:

Proxy server (URL):

Proxy:

IP type:
IPv4

Any help is greatly appreciated.

benjaminleroux

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
My phone keeps switching between 3G, 4G, 4 bars, 1 bar, and sometimes no reception at all. I bought the phone from Rogers, and my Fido sim works in it without unlocking.
I'm trying to connect to LTE, which I still have not done, I can't even keep a stable 3G connection.
These are my APN settings:

APN:
LTEMOBILE.APN

User name:

Password:

Proxy server (URL):

Proxy:

IP type:
IPv4

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Try not setting any APN settings.. I also bought the Rogers one and using it on Fido... did not plug in any APN settings, worked like a charm.

I do see it bob from 3G to 4G when I unlock the phone... but I think that's normal. As for LTE, make sure you have a LTE sim card... I get great LTE in Montreal and getting abou 33m + download speeds

denious

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to join in the conversation to report that I am having the same problem, but have discovered it through my SMS messages not being sent out 1 out of 10 times. Every single time a message could not be sent my phone was completely disconnected from the network, only to get full bars again in a couple of seconds.

Since I've noticed that I have been taking a look at my bars, and they're constantly fluctuating.

Here's a Rogers thread on people having problems with their SMS messages:
Lumia 920 can't send text messages - Rogers Community

Here's another thread on WPCentral on the issue:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/201790-signal-issues.html

I am sure that it's all part of the same problem.

Matt Fara

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yup, same thing is happening to me.
I just returned that unit and got another one, same problem.
Don't know what to do at this point..

eomahos

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Reception Issues on Koodo

Hi, guys

Can someone please advise what to do? I constantly get no signal, and my data bounces between 3G to 4G, no LTE, my area has lighting fast LTE, when i insert the same in on my Iphone5...i almost get 33-35mbps. Not sure, why the signal constantly bounces 2-3 bars, then justs dies at 0....is this an hardware issue? did you guys manage to solve this?

thanks
omayer.

dula714

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no problem with my Rogers Lumia 920 that works on Fido. I never had to input any settings to the phone. All I had to do was get a LTE sim from Fido and it worked like a charm.

My cousin, who is on Mobilicity, unlocked his phone and he is getting 4G on Mobilicity.

eomahos

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
humm not sure. i'm going to try with my rogers sim, if i still get the same issue..then i'm just out of luck...i really think it could be a carrier profile issue? is there an update? and if the still persists, can i send it back to nokia for a replacement considering the fact that i bought the phone from kijiji, but here in montreal, i get really amazing LTE reception on my iphone5. I really hope i can use the lumia, looked really promising.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa