Lumia 920, Zune and Windows 7

Venom98

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up my 920 this evening and had a quick question b4 turning in for the evening. Since I have not yet upgraded my desktop to Windows 8, will I be able to transfer my Zune library to my Lumia? Is is compatible with Windows 7 and the Zune client? Thanks.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You can drag and drop files onto the 920 with ease. Unfortunately the Zune Desktop client and WP8 devices are not compatible with one another. There is a WP Connector app, (that grabs stuff from iTunes), but it isn't very good at the moment.

If you just want to put your music on your phone - just drag and drop into it and bypass the 'sync' software altogether until they build it up to the level that Zune was. I love the Zune software... I wish it was just a 'cosmetic' change in turning Zune to XBOX Music..., but I guess it would've been too easy to do that...

DeaconFrost1098

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I never really saw the need for apps such as pandora, 4th and mayor and instagram especially when there are better alternatives out there that provided some of the same if not superior options depending on your point of view. For me, I prefer iheart and slacker over pandora due to customization, live radio and overall performance. But when it comes to instagram, I believe fhotoroom could be a superior replacement for the app but does not get the recognition it deserves due to the fascination with instagram. Fhotoroom provides more option for custom pictures and provides one of the best overall experiences for sharing pictures. If marketed properly and given it's due I believe it could compete on equal footing. Just my two cents.

As for if Nokia should be ashamed or embarrassed. **** no, they are doing what it takes to build the platform they decided to back and if they have to pay, start campaigns or whatever it's their right. They have a vested interest and treating it as just that. So Mr. Iphone or Android can go somewhere else with this nonsense.

finiterex

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Seen a few threads about no zune with WP8 - I use Windows media player to manage music on my W7 PC and sync to WP8 works a treat! What i want to see is access to Skydrive media files in the media player(s) on WP8, why this doesn't already exist is beyond me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills