Headphone with mic recommendations for Nokia Lumia 920?

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a headphone w/mic that is compatible with the 920. Ideally it would have volume control as well.

I recently got a pair of the new Apple ear buds and I really liked them, but the mic and volume control don't work on the 920.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Luke Kailburn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Are there any that work??? I bought a freaking $70 pair of skull candy with mix that don't work either. Tested on an iPhone and they work just fine. :-(

-Luke

gerraldd

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought a nokia bh-111. It's a bluetooth receiver where you can plug any headphones/earphones that doesn't have inline mic(tried my apple earbuds and skullcandy w/ mic and it didn't work properly but the ones that doesn't have mic worked fine). The receiver has volume control, mic, play/pause, forward and backward button.

zedmartinez

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The Nokia Purity headphones work, as do the HTC urbeats that came out for the One series and which are available at AT&T. I'm currently using the Beats myself and they work a charm, the 920's 7-band EQ was even able to let me tone down their over-aggressive bass signature and clean up the muddiness it was causing for me. The longer rule is, if it says "for iPhone" on it, it won't work, those use a proprietary means for the buttons and mic. If it's a one-button unit it should work. If it says for Android it should also work, with the exception of ones specifically for just Samsung. Samsung occasionally uses the opposite post structure as HTC/Nokia, and you'll get some weird behaviors as a result if you try using them.

stasharello

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I recently gambled and picked up this pair: Ink'd 2 - Blue/Black w/Mic at the super market on sale for $15. I can confirm that the mic works and the button works in lock screen, single, double and triple tap. If you are not in the lock screen you can hold the button to trigger the voice command prompt. So for all of you that are looking for a cheap pair of headphones with mic that will work with your new Lumia 920, you can grab the Ink'd 2 w/ Mic from skull candy and have something to tide you over until you pull the trigger on something pricier.

jholl016

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My wife hates the sound isolating earbuds, and she wanted something very similar to the basic Apple earbuds. I bought these from Amazon that were designed for the HTC Droid Incredible: Amazon.com: HTC Droid Incredible 3.5mm Handsfree Headset with Microphone and On/Off Switch: Cell Phones & Accessories

I can confirm that the mic and play/pause button do work with the Lumia 920/820. And the best part? Only $7, including shipping. If you're looking for something super inexpensive in a non-isolating design, then maybe these are for you.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Jaybird blubuds x is what I have. They are a bit expensive but the most comfortable combined with the best sound. And they don't fall out of my ears even when I work out.

ZoPhone

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have gone through 5 different pairs. I have yet to find a pair that works. I have looked for android type ear buds but even the guys at the local Microsoft store have pointed me to the Purity earbuds. I am going to try some of the suggestions here but this seems ridiculous!

chillpenguin

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I recently gambled and picked up this pair: Ink'd 2 - Blue/Black w/Mic at the super market on sale for $15. I can confirm that the mic works and the button works in lock screen, single, double and triple tap. If you are not in the lock screen you can hold the button to trigger the voice command prompt. So for all of you that are looking for a cheap pair of headphones with mic that will work with your new Lumia 920, you can grab the Ink'd 2 w/ Mic from skull candy and have something to tide you over until you pull the trigger on something pricier.

I just picked these up yesterday for my 920 and for the life of me could not figure out how to get the voice commands working. It never occurred to me that the lock screen was stopping the long press from initiating voice commands. For what its worth, you can change that under Settings -> Speech by checking off the Use Speech when the phone is locked option. Possibly a security issue, but in this case I would prefer the convenience. Thanks!

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
My wife hates the sound isolating earbuds, and she wanted something very similar to the basic Apple earbuds. I bought these from Amazon that were designed for the HTC Droid Incredible: Amazon.com: HTC Droid Incredible 3.5mm Handsfree Headset with Microphone and On/Off Switch: Cell Phones & Accessories

I can confirm that the mic and play/pause button do work with the Lumia 920/820. And the best part? Only $7, including shipping. If you're looking for something super inexpensive in a non-isolating design, then maybe these are for you.

I also had a pair of these that I used for my android Moto Atrix. They were the only ones I had that would work with Lumia. Plus they are more comfortable than the ear clogging iso earbud types.

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I use Urbanears Zinken headphones, they cost about 89$ Great headphones with a mic that work perfect on my Lumia 920. Check out their website urbanears.com

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I use the GE Voice Over Internet 98973 for $14.00. They work well with my Verizon Lumia 822. They are stereo ear buds, with in-line mic, volume, and working Mute-Answer button. It comes with a number of adapters and ear cushions. The cost is low enough that I can replace them every few months when the wires start to short out near the plug jack.

blackhorse6

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for a headphone w/mic that is compatible with the 920. Ideally it would have volume control as well.

I recently got a pair of the new Apple ear buds and I really liked them, but the mic and volume control don't work on the 920.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I did the same thing, I was so bummed it wouldn't work.

homieson89

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
G-cube with hd mic are the best headphones ive had. look them up. they have a dedicated volume rocker thats much better than that of the iphone earpods, etc...
The bass thumps and the the highs are....high. especially when you you turn on the dolby mode on these make them sound even better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb