Bing search on wp

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I had no idea that after selecting the magnifying glass button to get Bing search, you can swipe from right to left and get more stuff, very cool!

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Try searching for a local business such as Chipotle, then swipe to the local tab. Click on one and it will show business hours (very handy), phone number, address, website, and one click to launch drive navigation. IMO this is what separates WP from the rest...no other OS ties it all together like this. The search is truly a one-stop place for local businesses, news results, web results, images, deals, movies...everything.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
then get the app 'add to contacts' and when you launch it from within your search it will add that business to your contacts list.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Try searching for a local business such as Chipotle, then swipe to the local tab. Click on one and it will show business hours (very handy), phone number, address, website, and one click to launch drive navigation. IMO this is what separates WP from the rest...no other OS ties it all together like this. The search is truly a one-stop place for local businesses, news results, web results, images, deals, movies...everything.
Exactly. I downloaded the Google search app and compared it against Bing. Using voice for both searches, I searched for "Home Depot." Bing gave me local stores with phone numbers and "one click to launch drive" addresses, and Google tried to sell me stuff.

So, the Google app has been uninstalled...:dry

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad people are digging the Bing search/local scout features. They've been around since the beginning and blow away any other device I've ever used. Its hard to explain these features to people, you just have to use it to 'get' it.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Search by far the best of all the platforms. You can search and get directions, numbers, hours so much faster and easier.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I've been using the Bing search app in the phone for a while. I have the NL 900 as well. To be frank, it is very useful. When I wanted to look for the NL 920 availability in a store near my work, I just typed "AT&T" on the search and panned to the right... Boom.. I have all the local stores near me with their phone numbers and address. I called the stores and checked their inventory and wait time... Picked the one that is convenient and got my Black NL 920.

Of course, when you tap on the address, it will give you the directions as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers