Today is truly a sad day....

palfor03

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Damn sorry to hear. I've never dropped a phone in ten years and I travel and move around a lot :p

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

InnocuousScreenname

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Looks like my choice to use a case was a good one...and my condolences.

If it makes you feel any better, a couple of months ago I knocked a lamp into my professionally calibrated Samsung 59' D7000 plasma, which I dropped $1700 for plus $450 for the calibration. I had owned it for six months, so I feel your pain.

But, I replaced it with a 60' Panasonic ST50, which is also calibrated, which blows the Samsung out of the water. Every cloud has a silver lining, and all that stuff.

fhumphrey04

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok- here's an idea. You should call AT&T and request to add insurance to your plan, they can do it after the fact if you tell them you accidently missed the option when placing your order. After seeing this thread I just got off the phone with them and it's a $6.99/month fee with only a $125 deductible. You could add it to your plan and wait a day or two before making a claim. :)

edit: my bad, I just read your other post. Sorry to hear that!

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a black matte Lumia 920 and sent your picture to my wife to say I was out in the parking lot and dropped my phone.

:lol:

After the mini heart attack that gave her she isn't talking to me. :blush:

Oops.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok- here's an idea. You should call AT&T and request to add insurance to your plan, they can do it after the fact if you tell them you accidently missed the option when placing your order. After seeing this thread I just got off the phone with them and it's a $6.99/month fee with only a $125 deductible. You could add it to your plan and wait a day or two before making a claim. :)

edit: my bad, I just read your other post. Sorry to hear that!

So file a fraudulent claim?

To be fair, I could see an AT&T store rep telling you to do this under their breath. It's not the most honest way of resolving the issue but it's service after the sale that many stores fail to act upon when the customer comes back with an issue or has questions. Also, the rep gets credit for adding a feature to your account.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Let's have a moment of silence for this beautiful device that came to such an ugly death..................................................................... R.I.P.

Major Trip

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Tweeted Nokia and they referred me to Palco Cellphone Repair. Looks like they will only charge $177 to fix. Anyone have any experience dealling with them?

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I would call Nokia. See what they will do for you. People here have mentioned having good luck with their customer service (although I have heard nothing about accidental breaks). If they won't help, remind them how good Apple's policy is and that you may as well go back to their handset (even if there is no truth to you going to Apple).

iRaNDrOiD

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
A friend has a similar issue with his 2 week old Galaxy S3, and the fee to repair it is horrendous.

I'd be interested to see if any phone could survive being dropped on its glass, as i've seen iphones, androids, WP's, all with similar issues when you are unlucky enough to drop it glass side down.

Maybe someone needs to study cats, and work out how they always fall on their feet, then apply those physics to mobiles :cool:
It is possible if they distribute the weight in a way that would make it hard for the phone to land on its face.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So the great guerilla glass 2 easily breaks and isn't scratch resistant . Isn't this false advertising ?

I wouldn't say it "easily" breaks. How many people have dropped their phones. My wife dropped my Lumia day one on the wood floor. I was terrified to turn it over. Not a scratch on the thing. Looking at abuse tests online, it also holds up very well. The glass is going to break. It's going to scratch. But easily? Compare it to a regular glass pane, and you will probably see there is no false advertisement whatsoever. You have to compare gorilla glass to standard glass, not a reinforced army vehicle.

DungMasterFang

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I would call Nokia. See what they will do for you. People here have mentioned having good luck with their customer service (although I have heard nothing about accidental breaks). If they won't help, remind them how good Apple's policy is and that you may as well go back to their handset (even if there is no truth to you going to Apple).

Care to elaborate?

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Care to elaborate?

Sure. You walk into Apple with a broken phone. So long as it is not in multiple pieces, they will replace it for you. If it is the newest model, replacement cost is $200. If it is an older model, replacement cost is $150. They have phased out replacing the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G. All other phones are replaced on site. If they don't have the storage model in stock, they will often (but not always) bump you up to the next closest one. The same policy applies if you need to ship Apple the phone (due to there not being a store in your area or some such issue).

Apples repair/replacement policy is the best in the business as far as I am concerned. When I dropped my iPhone 4 in the wash on launch day they replaced it for me for $100 since they felt bad. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte