Anybody know how to do this?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Greg, maybe I can help...

1. Long press home button. Once u see the app u want to shut, there should be a small X on top right. .(or was it swipe up or down?)

2. I usually start by making a new account and in this case, if I were you, I'd go for an outlook account.

From your iPhone, there has to be an Export option for contacts. Once you've done that, just import it to your new outlook account. Then, sign in with that account in your phone. Voila! You will see all the numbers there.

Hope it helps.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

1. Long press home button. Once u see the app u want to shut, there should be a small X on top right. .(or was it swipe up or down?)

2. I usually start by making a new account and in this case, if I were you, I'd go for an outlook account.

From your iPhone, there has to be an Export option for contacts. Once you've done that, just import it to your new outlook account. Then, sign in with that account in your phone. Voila! You will see all the numbers there.

Hope it helps.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

??? LOL. Wrong forum. He's got a Windows Phone, not an Android phone.

OP. Long press the back arrow. Select the app you want to close. Keep hitting back arrow until you exit the app. Also, it isn't really necessary to exit app in WP. If an app isn't running in the foreground then it's suspended, unless it has a separate tile update task - but the tile update task keeps running whether the main app is running or not.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Hope it helps.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

No offense, but #1 above is wrong on every point

The only way to fully close an app is to have it open and then press the "BACK" button repeatedly until you get back to the home screen.

But then again, while the app appears to be 'open' in the background, it really isn't (and it won't be drawing any power either). There are some exceptions to this, such as Nokia Drive and Live Tiles that may be running a background 'task' to keep them updated. Those background tasks can be stopped by going to Settings -> Swipe left (to Applications) -> choosing "Background Tasks" and then blocking whatever you don't want running in the background. Blocking does not prevent the app from opening, it only prevents it from running in the background when it's not open.

Lastly, there is no way to instantly close an app from the 'hold back button' screen, there is no 'x', there is no 'swipe to close', etc. The only way to fully close an app is to open it, then keep pressing the back button until you get to the home screen.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Looks like people are looking at my reply more than the OP. Its OP here with a problem, not me.

I'm trying to help. I very well know this isn't an Android forum.

And I tried to help him from my past knowledge of using a WP.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Long press Back button, there you will find a scrollable page that shows all applications currently running - its only a view and quick select to another app that is running. The only way (I know of) to close them/stop the app from running - is to tap the back button until you reach the home screen. Long press on back button again will confirm that the applications are no longer running as they will not be visible in the list anymore.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Looks like people are looking at my reply more than the OP. Its OP here with a problem, not me.

I'm trying to help. I very well know this isn't an Android forum.

And I tried to help him from my past knowledge of using a WP.

That's great and all, but you are doing more harm than good when you give someone the wrong information.

moonboy509

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No need to close app, phone still run smooth when 20 windows opening, not like android, take alot of ram when app is open, so i say window phone will improve more to catch people eye

ajnabidesi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Apparently there is an app/program to move stuff from iphone to Nokai 'Welcome home to windows phone"
Try that, you are suppoed to be able to transfer all sorts of stuff from iphone to nokia.
Will be trying it later tonight.

GregL2012

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks every one I will try these.

As for my contacts I for some reason my 3gs is refusing connection requests from my 920 over Bluetooth, and I can not install ITunes to communicate with my iphone because I just reloaded my OS and iTunes will not be sync'd so it will want to delete everything on my phone first...

Back button till I hit the home screen worked :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs