Quick Poll "Issues with your L920 Good or Bad"

The ZennyBoy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So I had the opportunity to hold the Red, Yellow, and White Lumia 920's and they seems to 'loud' for my taste -- initially. So I went with black. Does anyone else regret the color they chose? I'm starting to, lol.

zigzagr63

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Overall I am very satisfied with my phone. I have had one issue and I don't think I am going to chalk it up against Nokia but Zenga. I downloaded the free version of words with friends and 3 times it locked up my phone and I finally got it to restart and now it is off. So we will see how it goes from here.

dvdhills

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can not subscribe to podcasts. I hit subscribe, confirm and get sent back to subscribe. This would not be a problem if I could use Zune software to sync podcasts. However the Windows 7 sync client for WP8 does not do podcasts well. Pretty phone + no podcasts = useless. This is my last ms device.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Battery life has been up and down, but today it's been pretty good. I expect battery life on WP8 to be weaker than WP7 overall given background agents are more robust now, and people will be running apps like Nokia Drive in the background, sometimes unknowingly.

There's an issue with audio where it plays a track at half volume, and the only fix seems to be playing another track, then going back to the first track.

I've also seen some weirdness with the camera where it seems to be hunting to show the current exposure in the viewfinder, especially if using flash. Not a biggie.

I'm not crazy about the behavior where touches aren't registered a second or so after I jump to the app switcher.

The device gets warm at odd times, but I've never had an issue where it got too hot, even while downloading something over the cellular network and being on a call for a couple of hours.

Overall, it feels like there's a lot of things that'll be fixed with firmware updates. I'm really happy with my 920 and Windows Phone in general.

Orange_Tang

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Everything is perfect for me other than random freezing while using bluetooth headphones. Its a real shame that I have to go back to wired headphones when I have my nice pair of bluetooth ones. I guess I will just have to wait for an update to fix it. Its not a deal breaker for me.

jedifireblade

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
At first my White L920 battery life was not as good as I expected it to be. I turned of "as it arrives" on my email a selected every 15 minutes and now I am experiencing, far better battery life.

Steve

NoIX

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have an unlocked Lumia 920, German version and I?m not having any issue, at least none that I find relevant.
So far I have only notice three things:

I turned off the blutooth and NFC as I don?t really use them, but if they are turned on the phone gets a little warm, nothing to worry about.
I also manage to make it reboot once, but i was actually messing around with app & system settings, and I haven?t been able to do it again.
Angry Birds Star Wars won?t connect to Xbox Live no matter what I try.

I wanted to hard reset my phone to test if it would brick or not, but the preinstalled apps have higher version numbers than those in the app store, and I actually use a couple of them...

Nathan Pridemore

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am having issues. My phone was working great, initially, but since I started tinkering with settings to help troubleshoot battery issues, I actually started HAVING battery issues.

On top of that, I have 3 audio issues that are problems... can't play WAV sound files (voicemail attachments from my email system that worked great on the 900), a TRIPLE ding (two text + one email notifications) while on a call (instead of just one email notice), and music does NOT pause automatically when disconnecting headphones.

I have to say that there is definitely something quirky about this firmware release, and I can't tell if it's Microsoft or Nokia to blame yet. Whether I keep this or switch to an 8X remains to be seen on how the companies handle these issues.

Hrm that's interesting, I just tested the headphone thing and mine paused the instant I unplugged the headphones.

Nathan Pridemore

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Only other issue(s) I ran into on mine were that my BT car stereo doesn't support WinPhone8 AVRCP to control forward/previous on the car radio itself, I now have to use the phone to control song. It's a Pioneer thing though not Nokia/Microsoft. Other than that WinPhone8 doesn't support Zune subscription content. I transferred my entire collection and had to delete and re-download everything through Xbox Music instead..

danclyons

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually having a strange issue I don't think anyone else has really addressed. But for some reason the responsiveness of the screen has decreased. It seems like there is a slight lag when I'm scrolling. Not sure if I should look more into it or try and exchange it at AT&T.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't know. The rattling part when my camera vibrates. Not sure if it's an issue or not.

Battery life = better after turning off "Tap+Send" and "Display+Touch".

Sahkolihaa

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 920 for three days and have ran into a few problems.

1. People app kept crashing when trying to set a contact image manually.
2. Notifications stopped working. Had to turn off the phone then power it back on.
3. Last night I had a complete system lock-up. Had to do a three-button reset to bring it back to life.

fhumphrey04

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really had issues with the phone, the battery life and apps work just fine and it's plenty fast.... but I'm still thinking about getting rid of it for an iPhone 5. I had a WP7 device for 2 years and never had an issue, but the size of this phone is starting to bug me. I held a friend's iPhone 5 and it just seemed a lot more manageable for me, not to mention the availability of the apps is amazing. The only thing stopping me from getting the iphone will be availability... we'll see what happens.

en0x#AC

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Quick Poll "Issues with your L920 Good or Bad"

i had an issue with earpiece that was blown out... Went to att store replaced it and now everything is fine as it should be ;)

Bradley Panida

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Quick Poll "Issues with your L920 Good or Bad"

So far my experience with my red 920 has been great. Still waiting on the wireless charger from AT&T to hit my door.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6