Sound issues: quiet and distorted

jonbert

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have my HTC 8X nur for 3 days. All is good but I have a sound bug. Sometimes, the speaker is very quiet and sounds distorted. To fix this, I have to restart. Then it works. I can not say what causes this bug, but it makes me sick. Has someone same issues here with the HTC 8X?

Vesix

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have gotten the distortion several times. I know it's not a speaker issue. I'm thinking it's software as when the phone was Bluetooth connected to my car, the distortion was played through my car stereo. This makes me sad that it's probably a software issue and every HTC 8x probably has this issue, but also gives me hope that a software update might fix it. I'm just trying to decide within the next 20 days whether or not to return it and get a Nokia 822 which is mid range :( Darn Verizon doesn't get the Lumia 920...

oversten

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone get any further with this.
I have it to ad sometimes the sound stops working alltogether, was a bit anoying this morning when the alarm was just vibrating...
Takes a little more then vibrations to get me out of bed!

Luinwethion

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I had some issues with this yesterday,

I was watching a video and the sound was very strange, is like someone is talking in front of a ventilator... I thought it was a problem in the video, but I started Tell Me, and chose Help and Read it, and the sound was the same.... after a restart it was normal again.....

Last edited:

baygacon

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had this same issue. Sometimes the sound is completely distorted, othertimes it's completely muted even though ring and vibrate is enabled. Hopefully there'll be a fix

Vesix

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
@ Oversten,

When I first got the phone, I swear there was a setting some place that told it to be quiet between the hours of 10 pm and 8 am. I know I have it enabled cause it only vibrates in the morning when I do things with it. I have no idea where this setting is though, I just dug through all of the settings and can't find it. It might affect the alarm....

geekpryde

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Had an issue today when the phone was loud and really distorted on the ring tone. It sounded really bad. I turned volume down, and the next call I got sounded fine.
I think this is slightly different than what you guys are experiencing.

CORY_JAMES

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've experienced the same thing happening to my phone. Restarting is the only way to fix it. I've also had a problem when using headphones; after a song is over and the next starts playing, it sounds very choppy, almost like it's buffering. I have to unplug the headphones and plug them back in to restore quality. I know it's not just my headphones, I've tried several pair as well as a set of external speakers.

barne19801

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have an 820, im on my third, i get like a split second pause sometimes on notifications, doesn't matter what tone it is, its intermittent so im hoping its a wp8 bug. I have had it on all three phones.

migespy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
same issue here. Reboot is what fixes it. It seems to happen after I connect to a Bluetooth speaker to stream music. It does seem like a software issue, and not a hardware issue.

resonantcowboy

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an 8X yet, but this sounds similar to an issue I have with my HP Touchpad. The sound will get distorted while playing audio (Pandora, etc) and the only thing that fixes it is a reboot. What pops in my mind in terms of the Touchpad and 8X is that they both have Beats Audio...hmmm.

pepelyankov

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
What fixed it for me is to disable some background apps such as facebook, tweeter, linkedin, watsapp etc. It seems like the more of them are running the harder it gets for WP8 to play smooth sounds.

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Lumia 920. Music seems to play okay, but other sound effects such as games sound garbled/synthesized. Restarting fixes it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett