Nokia Lumia 920 won't charge/boot

Diego Molina

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I tried rboodro's fix but it didn't work, albeit my problem is slightly different. The phone already had low battery before I went to sleep, so the first thing I did after waking up was to charge it. 3 hours later, the phone was still in the locked screen with the battery and one red line. It was connected to a wall, so I tried connecting it to my PC. Same thing happened. I connected it again to the wall charger, and after a little while it did charge enough for me to send a message. When I returned half an hour later to check on it, the phone was dead and hasn't responded since. Doesn't matter if I connect it to the wall charger or my PC, it doesn't vibrate or anything.

osama shalabi

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
hi,
i have the same problem, take it the service centre, really they didn't know the problem,
then i gave up, and start to test it my self,
i find out that the battery link with the device through pens or needles ,
those are not fit with the battery, it was loose , so, with my finger nail, i bend those needles a little bet
then return back the battery,
and it work like magic
hope it will be helpful to you

EMMALL

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, yes, my Nokia Lumia 620 which I've only had for a month, did just that. I took it back to Carphone Warehouse who gave me a new phone and battery but not a new charger. When I got home and plugged it in, it did exactly the same, charging sound, then the charger stopped, then back to the charging sound. I am currently charging the phone up on the computer usb port and it seems to be working. I am quite annoyed that I had to have a new phone, when it is the charger that is faulty. I am going to buy a third party charger from Argos tomorrow, but will notify Carphone Warehouse that the original charger is faulty.

sheikh sulman

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. My nokia lumia 920 is Won't Charge or Turn On.The nokia screen appeared, then a white line briefly showed for half a second at the bottom of the screen, then the low battery symbol appeared.The screen shows 2 cogs turning, which is does endlessly, I left it for a few hours to see if it would eventually work, however the phone was getting too heated so I unplugged it from the charger. Then the low battery symbol appeared.
Please some body help Me 0333-4466651.

ryancrawcour

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
So my 920 won't even get to the "charging" screen. When I plug it in I don't even get the vibration. It's completely dead. Tried the reset trick with the 3 buttons, no help. Any other ideas?

e4et

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here. Phone just died in my pocket. When i tried to charge it, i just got the battery indicator with one red bar and a flashing charging sign. I tried both a soft and a hard reset, after leaving the phone on the wall charger overnight. I also tried the nokia software recovery on the pc, no luck. Took it in for repairs, mtn reckons they'll get back to me in two to three weeks. Man, this sucks. :mad:

Sent from my Y220-U00 using Tapatalk 2

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
maybe its a problem with the charger cable. Do you have other microusb charging cables or a different charger body.

e4et

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
maybe its a problem with the charger cable. Do you have other microusb charging cables or a different charger body.

Ya, I tried a different charger and also a different Nokia usb cable, that i always use to charge the phone at work.

nottygirl6

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Windows is making nokia suck. i just don't know........i have never enjoyed my 925 in the three months since i bought it. Now, suddendly the damn thing can't charge. just three months???? I am mad with anger. :angry:

e4et

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Ya, I tried a different charger and also a different Nokia usb cable, that i always use to charge the phone at work.

Its been more than 3 weeks now. Still waiting for my Lumia to be returned from repairs :-(

megohooey

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I received my lumia 920 and as soon as I turned it on I went to see how the camera looked. The phone froze and turned off, after that every hour my phone would either restart or turn off. The next day at work my phone died. I charged it a little bit in the car and turned it on with the battery saver logo in the battery icon and than it turned off again. Since then I put the phone on the wall charger that it came with and nothing helps not even a hard or soft reset. I left it on the charger for 8 hours. I really want this phone to work. The time it was on I loved it but it has been nothing but problems from the time I took it out of the box.
Please help. Thanks.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I received my lumia 920 and as soon as I turned it on I went to see how the camera looked. The phone froze and turned off, after that every hour my phone would either restart or turn off. The next day at work my phone died. I charged it a little bit in the car and turned it on with the battery saver logo in the battery icon and than it turned off again. Since then I put the phone on the wall charger that it came with and nothing helps not even a hard or soft reset. I left it on the charger for 8 hours. I really want this phone to work. The time it was on I loved it but it has been nothing but problems from the time I took it out of the box.
Please help. Thanks.

Looks like a faulty device.
You said that you just got it so I assume it's new. So get a replacement.

Abby Church

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 820 - has got to this situation today, . . .

shows charging 1 red bar, . . tries to boot, . . after 3 seconds reverts to charging, . . and repeats.

removed battery, sim & SD, . . .

Tried 4 chargers, even usb2.0 on PC, . . . nothing works.:crying:

holding [vol-] + [Pwr], makes it vibrate, but nothing else ON charge / USB.
(Linux PC user, with no Access / charge / other issues until today )
( Using Unbuntu standard drivers for usb connectivity 14.04 LTS )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb