UK EE Anyone actually received their Lumia 920 pre-order yet?

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Great news all round it seems.

Unfortunately its not their whole act they have got together, I never received the promised wireless charger with my phone so I'm gonna give them a ring later to see what they think they're playing at!!

Anyone here get a free wireless charger from EE when they ordered online?

How did you get on with the wireless charger?

When I called nobody seemed to know what was going on (both worked in the iPhone deptartment!) and I was promised a call back which as per EE standards still hasn't come.

JammyGitz

Banned
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Great news all round it seems.

Unfortunately its not their whole act they have got together, I never received the promised wireless charger with my phone so I'm gonna give them a ring later to see what they think they're playing at!!

Anyone here get a free wireless charger from EE when they ordered online?

You don't get the wireless charger with the order, read the Terms and Conditions, you have to go to Nokia Free Charger AFTER 14 days from purchase date.

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
You don't get the wireless charger with the order, read the Terms and Conditions, you have to go to Nokia Free Charger AFTER 14 days from purchase date.

I'm not sure to which terms and conditions you are referring (possibly the distance selling ones?), but when I spoke to an EE customer services person on sunday (who luckily worked in the windows phone department!) I was told that because of the aforementioned distance selling regulations associated with online purchases (as with the phones4u/Nokia free charger website) our 14 days 'cooling off period' would have had to expire before the free charger order gets processed and it will then be up to a further 14 days before the charger will arrive. He also said that we should receive an email confirming this on or around the 'cooling off period' expiration date detailing that the free charger order has been processed.

Good news?

We shall have to wait and see!

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

My understanding is that this is not true, that website is only for Phones4u customers and EE customers should be issued with the plate on purchase (in-store it is issued in the same transaction - or at least should be)

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

The terms and conditions on that page state the order had to be made with Phones4U, no mention of EE. I purchased the phone on the 30th October and if I enter my details I get an invalid IMEI error

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is that this is not true, that website is only for Phones4u customers and EE customers should be issued with the plate on purchase (in-store it is issued in the same transaction - or at least should be)

This is true EE customers that bought the handset instore are/should receive the charger at the point of purchase as there is no returns policy or cooling off period (except for in extreme circumstances of lack of signal) unlike with online purchases.

The terms and conditions on that page state the order had to be made with Phones4U, no mention of EE. I purchased the phone on the 30th October and if I enter my details I get an invalid IMEI error

You may have "purchased" your phone on 30th of October but when did you actually receive the handset? The IMEI numbers only become valid for the offer 14 days from the date when the handset was first activated (i.e. turned on and set up) not from the date of purchase (or in your and my case pre-order).

For example I "purchased" my phone on 5/11 but I didnt receive it until 21/11, activated it that day therefore my IMEI number should become valid on or around 5/12. Having said this it may transpire that as we have purchased our phones from EE that we are indeed not eligible for the website offer. If this is the case then we will have to rely on the EE website offer (please see my previous posts in this thread)

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You may have "purchased" your phone on 30th of October but when did you actually receive the handset? The IMEI numbers only become valid for the offer 14 days from the date when the handset was first activated (i.e. turned on and set up) not from the date of purchase (or in your and my case pre-order).

For example I "purchased" my phone on 5/11 but I didnt receive it until 21/11, activated it that day therefore my IMEI number should become valid on or around 5/12. Having said this it may transpire that as we have purchased our phones from EE that we are indeed not eligible for the website offer. If this is the case then we will have to rely on the EE website offer (please see my previous posts in this thread)

Spoke to EE and actually got hold of somebody helpful. He explained that they sent out their limited charger stock allocated for the offer with all 920 orders irrespective of when the order was placed. This meant anyone waiting longer for their phone (generally the white one as these were late into stock) did not get one with their phone. I've now got one on order and I've got a confirmation it will be with me in the next 4 working days.

Might be worth calling them back.

MissDMeaner

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to get a phone from TMobile, I'll spare you the long drawn out story, and give you the short version

Pre-ordered the 820 on the 3rd November, lots of messing around and many phone calls later I got in touch with Nokia telling them of my woes, they got involved and the outcome was TMobile upgrading me to the White 920 at no extra charge to me, yesterday I was told to allow 10 working days before I got it, today I was told that they are not now selling the 920 or the 820 due to some kind of fault, that was across the board (EE, Orange and TMobile) and that the decision to not sell the phone had been issued by Nokia, so now I'm waiting for the person I have been speaking to at Nokia to come back to me to tell me what the **** is going on.

The person that I spoke to at TMobile today was trying his very best to sway me from the Lumia to one of the HTC devices, but all I want is a Nokia....right now though it would seem I have more chance of getting hold of some Rocking Horse S**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos