Learn from my Lumia 920 Newbie Mistake... Take the phone out of the plastic!!

ichat

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, ichat here from crackberry.... Great video Kevin exactly the same ol kevin we know lol. Anyway, what exactly does that sensor do that the plastic was messing with?

Ethere

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, ichat here from crackberry.... Great video Kevin exactly the same ol kevin we know lol. Anyway, what exactly does that sensor do that the plastic was messing with?
Sounds like it was covering the proximity sensor making the screen wonky.

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Too much time with Peek and Flow I guess <JUST KIDDING>
Guy in the next office didn't remove the plastic either. Similar issues.

On an equally silly type of problem, I did a carrier/number port when I got the 920. Handed the phone to one of our voice support people. They kept putting the SIM card in wrong. Called AT&T. Rep on the phone kept telling them the WRONG WAY to put the SIM card in. Finally declared the phone faulty and would send a replacement.

I put the SIM card in correctly and thanked them. Then I removed the plastic :)

Can't wait to see your full review and commentary on the 920...

PBNkapamilya

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess just didn't want to risk scratching it yet (while so freshly new), and the device was working fine (or so I presumed) with the plastic wrapper still on, so I just kept on using it.

Um, you do know that the Nokia Lumia 920 has a Corning Gorilla Glass 2 screen, which is by itself scratch-resistant, right?

jayruguitar

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting for BB10 for so long and I couldn't wait any longer, my 9650 was just so slow, so many black clocks, I snapped and bought a 920 from Rogers two days ago. I don't know if you are having the same problem as me but my battery life is only lasting 9 hours which is terrible in my opinion...I've turned everything off and only have two things running in the background and it is still awful battery life. I still have 13 days to return it as long as I don't use the phone for more then 30 minutes talking, I think I may have to do that and continue waiting for BB10...it's gonna be a long 3 months.
Exchange it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes