Wireless Charger locks up phone

darkfire2024

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had my phone for week now and when I get back from work I'll put it on wireless charging plate to charge up. When I go back to my phone, after an hour or so, my phone refuses to power on and I have to do a hard reset by pressing the volume and power button. This has happened to me several times over a couple of days, and it's really frustrating because the phone locked and didn't set off the alarm which nearly made me overslept the following morning.

Anyone else having similar issues? I'm too afraid of factory resetting because I need my phone for the weekend and can't afford to have it bricked. Should I exchange it?

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been using my wireless charger since Tuesday and haven't had any issues. Check to see if your local store has 920's in stock and then do a hard reset so if it bricks u can quickly exchange it.

Nathan Huntsman

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing. Seems to only happen if I leave it on there for a long period of time. Twice I've left it on overnight and both times it froze. Had to hold the power and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds.

Jumbicat Axon

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I took my phone in after having used the "plate" charger due to the phone being dead. The unit would not respond to hard reset. I asked if anyone else was having problems and the canned answer was no. At first, they wanted to send the unit in under warranty as I was on my 16th day out of 15 day return policy. I asked for the manager and advised this is Bull#*% and the amount of money this 920 cost and the recurring cost of our monthly plan, sending the unit back under warranty was unacceptable. I thought about changing back to a HTC but went with the exchange that the store manager wisely decided to do.
Word of warning: Do the usual backup of data before using the charging plate. I lost everything but only had it for a couple of weeks so didn’t lose much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos