Lumia 920 Froze

happynoodleboy

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 920 froze and is unresponsive after opening words with friends. None of the buttons work and holding the power button down does nothing. What can I do since I can't pull the battery?

112212reader

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I have the same problem you have today. I was trying to take pictures and suddenly the phone reboot and stuck on nokia screen for 5 hours no matter what I did. Finally I was able to push the down volume and power button at the same time like one of the readers said for many times. Now my Nokia 920 finally came back. This is a very bad experience. I hope Nokia or Microsoft can fix the problem asap. This is not a problem any one wants to have.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Happened to me last night seconds before I got into my car from work. I was walking out of range from my Bluetooth speaker at work when it shut down and got stuck at the Nokia screen. To make matters worse, my Galaxy Nexus was dead. I was thinking the phone had bricked when I found that I could restart it. I'm really curious why Nokia decoded against the power button powering the device off when it's frozen like most every other device with a non-user replaceable battery.

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yep... something went wrong between the Bluetooth connection in my car and my Phone and as a result the backbutton didn't work anymore. When going to the Bluetooth settings the Phone froze.... nothing worked. Power + Volume down fixed it again :)

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Words with friends has been locking up almorst every WP8, not just the Nokias. The app itself is the problem. Also, let Nokia Care know about any issues, lets try to help them narrow down and fix stuff. I've told them specifics on my lockups, to help steer them in the right direction. And it seems like the push notifications might be one cause.

timriley

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I purchased 2 Lumia920s on the same day (from different stores - both Rogers dealers in Canada) a week ago. At first I thought the first Lumia920 which was locking up about 1x/day was just suffering problems from apps. Turns out (after troubleshooting) that it froze up even after a complete factory-hard reset with no apps installed. Nokia Support recommended returning it to point of sale, which I did. The second Lumia920 has been completely free of lockups and freezing since day1 (same apps installed) and going strong at day8 now. So I think there are definitely some defective Lumia920's out there. If you have the option to return/exchange the phone, see if the Lumia920 still freezes after a factory hard-reset and if it does, return it asap. There are definitely some good Lumia920's out there so it's worth trying an exchange. My friend has an AT&T Lumia920 and has not experienced a single lock-up 2 weeks in and has a ton of apps running.

Josh Rennie

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 920 just over a week now and so far had 9 or 10 freezes. mainly when playing games though. hot pursuit and tetris blitz seems to be the worst. also when playing blitz my phone gets extremely hot which probably explains the freezing and crashing. not a great experience so far with my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3