I'm trying to make new upgrades, but I don't want my contacts to be under hotmail, because there is a lot of useless crap under my hotmail account

any help? :)
    11-17-2012 11:09 AM
    Sure, setup a different account and store them there. Lots of ActiveSync options... secondary Hotmail/Outlook.com, Office 365, Google.
    11-17-2012 11:38 AM
    Ok then, so what I'm missing is the option to store accounts in hotmail, google, facebook whatever else...

where do I find that one?
    11-17-2012 11:51 AM
    Ok then, so what I'm missing is the option to store accounts in hotmail, google, facebook whatever else...

where do I find that one?
    Which account do you want to store them under?
    11-17-2012 11:55 AM
    Maybe this will help?

1) Open "People"
    2) click on 'settings' (at the bottom)
    3) open "Filter my contact list"
    4) Uncheck the box for the hotmail (or other) account you don't want contacts to show up for.

That will prevent the contacts from that account from showing up in your people hub. I don't know if it will prevent contacts added to your phone from showing up on your hotmail though.

If you've added other accounts in Settings -> "email + accounts" then you can filter to only show those accounts as well in the people hub.
    11-17-2012 12:47 PM
    I would like to store contacts with just the number like a normal contacts list. Not under any account if its possiblle ?thanls
    11-20-2012 08:32 PM
    I've been pulling my hairs over this thing, totally new to smartphones AND win8. Hate it.
    What i did:
    I stored some normal contacts with phonenumbers on the phone by hand and later logged in with my spammy hotmail thing.
    All hotmail contacts added, if I filtered on hotmail my personally stored nrs where also invisible... --__--

So, 1: stop syncing to the hotmail server. My phone (HTC 8s) had no option to never sync, so I changed de serveradres to 127.0.0.1. (just read it somewhere, and it works.)
    2: delete or link all hotmail contacts by hand. Fun job? No. Have unwanted nr in contactlist? Also no. So half hour later I was happy.

I just never sync anymore with the hotmail server, I just want my work (outlook) mails and agenda.

Hope to be of help :)
    02-20-2014 01:57 PM
    I hate this on my lumia, when i try to add a contact to my phonebook (just a mobile number) i need to store it under hotmail or google.. whats the workaround for this?
    02-20-2014 02:12 PM
    INFIN1TY-NL, when I go to put a new contact on my L920 it offers me an option of either Microsoft, Google or SIM. I'm thinking that if the SIM option isn't available to you then it would be a limitation of the SIM being used by your provider.

With respect to the other two options it can only offer you options to save to accounts that you have linked to your phone. It can't know where else you might want them to be without having been provided that information previously.

Of course, if you have added contacts to your Hotmail or Outlook accounts on your desktop it is going to sync with those accounts in the first instance unless, as previously stated, you have filtered out contacts. I understand that what some people are doing is just creating a new Microsoft account to tie to the phone and not dealing with old Hotmail addresses and the junk that goes along with them.
    02-20-2014 04:55 PM
    That is why I had all my hotmail contacts deleted prior to turning on my Lumia. The contacts were then transfered from my old iPhone to the Lumia via BT (in some time < 1 min). Then I logged in with my FB, Twitter and so on, and the fun part started... Whoaaa, who the f..k r these people? So After carefully analysing every detail, having lost some 2 hrs by linking the contacts, I am now proud to say that all of my contacts are backed up on MS servers, in my phonebook there is a harmony, and I have no trouble at all finding every contact I need.
    So to summarise everything: it looks very different to what we were used to see in a phonebook, we do need a lot of time and patience to sort every contact, but it is absolutely worth it.
    02-21-2014 02:46 AM
    INFIN1TY-NL, when I go to put a new contact on my L920 it offers me an option of either Microsoft, Google or SIM. I'm thinking that if the SIM option isn't available to you then it would be a limitation of the SIM being used by your provider.

With respect to the other two options it can only offer you options to save to accounts that you have linked to your phone. It can't know where else you might want them to be without having been provided that information previously.

Of course, if you have added contacts to your Hotmail or Outlook accounts on your desktop it is going to sync with those accounts in the first instance unless, as previously stated, you have filtered out contacts. I understand that what some people are doing is just creating a new Microsoft account to tie to the phone and not dealing with old Hotmail addresses and the junk that goes along with them.

I have T-Mobile.
    02-21-2014 02:26 PM