Live tiles not updating? (wpcentral, CNN, weather)

nico002

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I noticed that my CNN, wpcentral, and Microsoft weather live tiles suddenly stopped updating. Anyone experience this?

nico002

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
those are the only ones that I have, I'm guessing no live tiles work... I try restarting the phone, doing a reset by holding down vol down and power, and uninstalling/installing all the apps...

ChuckDavis666

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
In addition to various live tiles not updating, if I try to run the CNN app it goes into the app, shows "Loading......" for several seconds and then goes back out to the main screen.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
In addition to various live tiles not updating, if I try to run the CNN app it goes into the app, shows "Loading......" for several seconds and then goes back out to the main screen.

This is a known bug. Unless you allow CNN app to run in the background (settings -> applications -> background tasks) it will constantly crash on start up. Sucks!

BfnC

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Weather Channel doesn't update properly for me either, it only updates if I resize the tile or open the app. I don't have the background task blocked, either.

I have opened a support ticket with the developer, I would encourage you to do the same so they can help take a look at the issue.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
My live tiles have been going thru this for the last few days as well. Some work, some don't, then none work, etc. I've tried all the known fixes (clearing IE cache, re-pinning tile, disabling/re-enabling the background tasks) with no steady success. To be honest, I thought I was done with this silliness.

IppoSemCe

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
In my experience (Italian Lumia 920) you gotta open each app and enable the live tile by selecting the linked setting.
Often in setting, in addiction to live tile enablement, you can find the option to display the original colors instead of the colors you choosed for your display theme.

Hope it'll help you!

avsef

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As far as I'm concerned, "Live Tile" for 3rd-party apps means when you tap it, it comes alive. I've tried all the suggested remedies, and none work. They display the data from the last time you tapped it until you tap it again. Sigh.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

Did anybody figure out what is causing this or how to fix it? My WPcentral live tile stopped updating this morning along with my weave news reader live tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)