HTC Lockscreen App

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone think having the HTC lockscreen app and/or live tile contributes to below-average battery life? I haven't tested it out or anything..but I noticed that when you unlock the phone the location indicator shows up almost every time and then goes away.

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else is running the lockscreen app and experiencing what I'd consider significant battery drain (~10%/hr) with minimal usage.

I changed it back to a picture...going to see if that does anything.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have it on the lockscreen and today, the 4th full day with my black 8X it lasted me 12 hours with 20% remaining after medium (and a little heavy use a couple of times) use of social updates and replies, some web browsing, check ins about 10 photos snapped and messaging with WhatsApp. I got that on my Optimus 7 as well, perhaps a little lower if used a little more. However, the battery keeps lasting more everyday, perhaps due to self calibration.

Post about what you find with HTC app disabled.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I have HTC tile on my start screen and on lock screen and don't notice any significant battery drain. The battery life on my 8x has been getting better every day, remember that batteries need some time to be broken in. I have also been very particular about running it down to less than 10% before I charge it. I have heard that people experiencing bad battery performance have had much better life when turning off NFC

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Modern days batteries need to go through a few cycles before they hold their charge better. Normally a couple of months. Turn off NFC and only use autosync if you really need it. Battery life should be more better.

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
So I changed my lock screen, disabled background tasks for the HTC tile. I also uninstalled whatsapp and Groupon as I heard those two programs could cause battery drain.

Initial impressions are battery life improved substantially but this could also be a result of battery conditioning. Battery still drains pretty quickly if I'm using the phone.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
So I changed my lock screen, disabled background tasks for the HTC tile. I also uninstalled whatsapp and Groupon as I heard those two programs could cause battery drain.

Initial impressions are battery life improved substantially but this could also be a result of battery conditioning. Battery still drains pretty quickly if I'm using the phone.

You really should try those things one at a time otherwise you'll never know what the real problem was

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the HTC lock screen app, but not the live tile on my main screen. Removing the live tile hasn't really affected battery life.

What really improved my battery life was turning off the phone and turning it back on after a couple days of owning it. Three nights ago I did a test and charged it to 100% and unplugged it at 9PM, by 8AM the next morning it was at around 40% battery left. I simply turned the phone off and back on, same configuration, and did the same test two nights ago and it went from 100% to 86% overnight which is what I would expect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs