Bluetooth audio screech / crackle pop through car stereo Lumia 920

molokoplus

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Today when I played music through Bluetooth on my car stereo, thre was a horrible screech sound throughout the entire song. I also get some pops or crack at random times during the song. At first I thought it may have been the audio file but it played perfectly fine via headphones so I'm assuming it's a Bluetooth issue with the music player.

Anyone having a similar problem?

molokoplus

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Well that's a bummer. It's a ashame because right when I fix one problem, another one appears. I want to keep my lumia but if this issue isn't fixed I just can't

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had the problem on its own. However, whenever its plugged in I do over Bluetooth and Aux. It happened with the Lumia 900 and I figured it was just because the charger was so close to the audio. Now they are on different sides and I still get it and its worse.

sjminabqnm

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm having the same issue. And it seems to struggle when switching between devices. Never had the problem on my Samsung Focus. I'm probably going to return it beforemmyntrial is up Friday. Too bad I paid to get it ghost armored. I'm going to be out that. Even worse, I may have to go back to iPhone which I haven't been forced to use since the 3G was a fresh device

A790

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here. Happens with all audio sources. Phone is not charging when playing.

Terrible device from Nokia. I have had NOTHING but problems with it.

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
having the same problem, will not work correctly when bluetoothing phone the radio. it will play one song then just stops playing.. help..

Same situation here. When I connect my device to a bluetooth earphone(branded Nokia) for music playback, my device only play for 1 song, then it stops. When I switch to next song, it freezes. (or sometimes skips the song automatically).

I tried both Xbox and Nokia Music player, but got the same situation. So I would rather believe it's a bug in WP8. It's really annoyed as now everyday I listen to my audio files trhough a TIRESOME LONG WIRE.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Same situation here. When I connect my device to a bluetooth earphone(branded Nokia) for music playback, my device only play for 1 song, then it stops. When I switch to next song, it freezes. (or sometimes skips the song automatically).

I tried both Xbox and Nokia Music player, but got the same situation. So I would rather believe it's a bug in WP8. It's really annoyed as now everyday I listen to my audio files trhough a TIRESOME LONG WIRE.

Meh bluetooth is always bad for quality, but it's a nice option to have :/

I think this is a hardware defect, unless Nokia got the bit rate settings wrong on a few random devices.... Could someone try hard resetting to see if that resolves the issue? AT&T recently changed their policy from 30 days return to **** you, so unless Nokia accepts exchanges I'm screwed.

icesct

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my lumia 920. Really annoying and Nokia told me I'd have to ship the phone back to them. What do I use in the meantime? Well they suggested I get a "loaner" from AT&T. What planet are they from?

jason sines

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Found a fix. All, I had this same problem when I bought my Lumia 920. It would POP and screech at random moments. Very annoying! I tried EVERYTHING. The Portico update did not fix it, I tried reboots and reconnects to Bluetooth. I tried keeping the volume level below 20/30 on my phone. I tried new apps, downloading songs versus streaming them, I even tried to keep my phone away from my car stereo, but nothing fixes it and there's never a pattern. The one fix I found was calling AT&T (or your carrier) and utilizing the Lumia 920's warranty and get a new one! The new one works GREAT with zero issues and I like my phone again. Sounds to be a hardware issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes