OK so here's the fat question: who's decided to return their device?

Razdek

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I think the battery issue is a simple software problem. Turning a few things off solves it temporarily. I know this because I did it. If people are dumb enough to do a hard reset instead of taking the time to learn a bit more about the issue and take a more practical approach, then that's on them. A little patience pays off here.

I do understand the frustration though, and this shouldn't have happened in the first place, but these things do happen with new phones on new OS's. Who knows, if I didn't already love Windows Phone and I was coming from an iPhone and uncertain about my choice, I might just have returned the phone too.

Yea I guess all those people who were dumb enough to think that hitting the "Reset Phone" button into the settings would actually reset it instead of bricking it. Your battery issues may have worked for you but it doesn't work for everyone as each person has different needs. As for my situation I tried most of the suggestions on the forum and it didn't work and one of the suggestions was to do a hard reset after everything else didn't work.

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, I'm returning mine today. I really wish Nokia/Microsoft could have got the problems fixed before I ran out of time to take it back but oh well. Back to my iPhone 4 I go. I would get another 920 but ATT only allows one exchange and I don't want to risk getting another 920 with the same problems :(

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've actually decided to keep it. The software stuff can be fixed, the hardware (camera, screen, feel, design) is already perfect. I can wait for specific apps, and I have my amazing Nexus 7 should a need android for something.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
They have ways of objectively testing the accuracy of a display's color gamma/temperature/delta/etc., and AMOLED tends to have flat out false colors. RGBG pentile has an influence on this.

The most color accurate surgery monitor in the world is a Sony OLED. Yes pentile is less accurate but the Lumia 900 isn't pentile. Mobile websites also still have pretty shoddy methods of testing though, they use LCD test methods on all display types when you actually need different tools for different display types.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/12/sony-unveils-first-medical-grade-oled-monitor/

Note the part that says "more faithful color reproduction."

Moral of the story? Don't drink the Apple kool-aid and human perception is often dead wrong compared to computers.

Last edited:

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Still contemplating on the damned thing. The only problem I have is the size, sound, and battery life. My white 920 still sits in a box on my dresser. I am going to swap this weekend to see if I really can deal with those factors for another year. Keep in mind, I use a case so with the phone being big enough a case would only add to the bulk. I'm not concerned about the weight. I've lifted Thor's hammer before. lol.

gjrincon

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I returned my 920 and AT&T charged me the $35 restocking fee. I called Premier CS and they agreed to give me a $25 credit, so in the end I only paid $10. So far, I'm satisfied with AT&T CS. I'm still having second thoughts about my decision to return my 920 but, it would get too hot when using Whatsapp, battery behavior was erratic, and although most apps I had been using in iOS where also available in WP store, they were noticeable inferior in usability. My phone also showed the frame flexing on top by the SIM slot (which I think is a manufacturing defect). Back to my iPhone 4 : (
I miss the 920 already!

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
You won't be done. So many people think they will jump ship until Nokia comes trotting through like a knight in shining armor with their support system. You will be talking good about them soon enough.
<----- HTC owner here. I know you will stay with Nokia. Lol.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Sadly I returned mine. I still regret it (and still have today to change my mind again lol). My primary reasons are the seamless integration of Google services offered in Android, Google's Navigation (this is mostly a preference and subjective), and of course - the apps. I spent enough time to get used to the alternative apps and I REALLY praise Nokia for their Music app. I guess I was just afraid the market won't take off that well couple with the fear of not getting regular updates. Carries (AT&T for me obviously) are very slow in rolling out updates, and I don't quite believe that MS and Nokia will be able to push updates without carrier intervention. I heard the plan for WP8, but also heard something similar with WP7 and most people didn't get updates or only got the one to Mango. I'm on a HTC One X+ right now, and I'm just bored with it =/. Same old interface, Sense UI blows, battery life is meh... but... I have all the apps I use regularly. There isn't a moment where I didn't wish I still had the Nokia =/.

mammaldood

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I was going to return it today, but I was too lazy to go to the AT&T store. So I guess I'll stick it out :p

EDIT: actually called about making an exchange to see if a new 920 would have better battery life, but they said this is actually my 15th day (?!?). I guess they base it on your order date rather than activation date, so if I'd wanted to actually return the device I'd be screwed right now...

Last edited:

azasadny

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm keeping my phone and today was the last day I could have returned it. I had hardware and software problems on my iPhone 3GS when I 1st got it, so this doesn't surprise me. I was expecting issues to creep up and I'll deal with them... It's a great phone, as soon as the software bugs are worked out it will be even better! Even with the "rapid battery discharge" issue, it's still a much better phone than I had before (iPhone 3GS)...

Ricky C

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I really like it, just can't stay with AT&T. Not happy with the preorder process, not happy with the price drops, not happy with the 4G speeds in my area. I really like the OS and the phone design. Just got off the phone with AT&T asking about a credit and was told they couldn't do anything.

mammaldood

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I really like it, just can't stay with AT&T. Not happy with the preorder process, not happy with the price drops, not happy with the 4G speeds in my area. I really like the OS and the phone design. Just got off the phone with AT&T asking about a credit and was told they couldn't do anything.
Cancel your service, pay the ETF, and use your phone on Straight Talk. Welcome | Straight Talk

I'd be doing this right now, but I'm afraid to cancel my service with AT&T until they ship my charging plate (what the heck is taking them so long?!? I ordered on November 8!)

Dark_Templar

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I loved Nokia since day 1... had to get an iphone (which I never wanted) due to vpn. Nokia E7 never worked with vpn for me, WP8 doesn't even support vpn at all. I tried the Lumia 920, the hardware is awesome. But iOS is currently better than WP8..and supports vpn. I returned it :(

TheBigJMoney

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't charged a restocking fee. I went to a corporate AT&T store (after having ordered it online) and was given a full refund for the L920.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, looks like i'm keeping mine for sure now. AT&T told me that the 14 days starts on the day they ship the phone out, not the day you receive it. Sounds unfair but oh well, im past my 14 day windows.

gortyargen

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sadly taking mine back today. Searched long and hard for a red one and actually love the phone. Perfect size and weight, killer looks and WP8 really impressed me. Probably get another one in a few months when there are more realistically priced Rogers unlocked ones about. The dust in the lens problem concerns me although I don't have any in mine and the lack of apps which hopefully will get better. I had it 4 days and never actually used it as a phone. Sounds strange but I'm on the $30 T-Mobile unlimited data and text and 100 minutes deal. Never use more than 40 minutes a month. Only way for me to go was the $45 straight talk. I even bought the sim but it was the normal size not micro sim so never activated it. In the end I just decided that I was happy enough with my Galaxy SII. Does everything I want but not as sexy as the 920 and WP8. However, I'll be back :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)