Setting up and customizing home screens with personal pics ???

EhiBaye

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I just went to look at the new 920 in store and played around with it a bit and asked a few questions.

However on all my old phones, I have my personal home screens whereby I put whatever pictures I want and can setup as many as 5 on the old nokia N8 and even much more on the samsung galaxy.

However I could not find it on the 920 neither did the shop assistance know how to do this ?

is this possible or was omitted out ?
many thanks
Ehi

mrbill66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't know of any 'home' screen . Only the lock screen and it can be customized with any picture. But there is no home screen per se........only the Tile screenshot holds all your tiles.

EhiBaye

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but its not the same.

As its small, and not like having a home screen. I think its a big error. Even windows 95 back in the day allowed you to change the wallpaper. How is it 17 years later, you cant do that ???

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You wouldn't be able to see anything behind the tiles anyway.

Maybe an app will come along that will cycle through a certain list of images for the lock screen wallpaper. That might be possible now with the "live wallpapers" such as Bing, ESPN, and CNN.

EhiBaye

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
well my point is, thats its disappointing.

You should be able to customize such an expensieve high end phone and make it your own via PERSONALIZATION.

Micro$oft, welcome to the 21st century

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Feel free to add the suggestion here if it isn't already or vote for it if it is.

If this is a deal breaker for you, then you can always check back regularly to see if it's been added in an update.

Also, replacing the S in Microsoft with a dollar sign is something I used to do when I was 15 while engaging in flame wars over which video game console was the best. Just so you know how something like that makes you look.

mrlinlee

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I bet he is trolling, who can see the background pic anyway with those live tiles covering? For example in iOS the app icons are small and spaced so you can have a background. WP8 got live lock screen and live pictures tile, that's more then enough and it's refreshing compared to iOS and android.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I bet he is trolling, who can see the background pic anyway with those live tiles covering? For example in iOS the app icons are small and spaced so you can have a background. WP8 got live lock screen and live pictures tile, that's more then enough and it's refreshing compared to iOS and android.

I get the point. However, I always thought having patterns as options for a background theme would work wonders.

EhiBaye

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, the $ would indicate you don't actually have a 920 and are just trolling...

My post started off saying, I went to check out the 920. Which states I dont have one, but looking to buy. If you and mrlinlee dont think home screens which most smart phones, even the N8 has is innovative and fun, then you guys must have a dull outlook to life.

Thanks to iloveamystery, as i would suggest it.

thanks

EhiBaye

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Feel free to add the suggestion here if it isn't already or vote for it if it is.

If this is a deal breaker for you, then you can always check back regularly to see if it's been added in an update.

Also, replacing the S in Microsoft with a dollar sign is something I used to do when I was 15 while engaging in flame wars over which video game console was the best. Just so you know how something like that makes you look.

There are already suggestions about this, which I have voted up. Even people surprised as I am who cant believe this was left out

Windows Phone 8 needs notification bar, "high definition screen", home screen must be customizable .

and I quote
I can't believe I have to put this in writing. Can't you guys see this? All businesses must change accordingly to demand. . . Microsoft is failing as of now.

albertph

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You can increase the size of the tiles, and if it's still not enough for you, and it's a major factor in your decision making, then don't buy a Lumia 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos