Diagnostic Menu on the HTC 8x

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I saw this a while ago over at xda. ##3424# also brings up the same app - useless but there you go :p

This one brought up the tests for the flash, LEDs and vibrate. The one in the first post brought up radio tests and something else I didn't want to mess with as I didn't understand it. It lets you test 1x, EVDO and GPS radios, giving you detailed info on signal strength, channel etc.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, on my Verizon 8X it brings up a screen labeled EmbeddedTool. It has two selections available, one is Diag, with a couple settings I don't really understand, and FieldTrial, which gives me the radio options. I now have an app called DiagnosticTool that, when selected, gives me a screen with my MEID, IMEI, SIM ID and VERSION. I can't do anything though, it's just the info.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, on mine (o2 uk) ##634# aka ##MFG# and ##3424# aka ##DIAG# are the same menu. Different 8X's seem to have different settings though!

msbg

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
This is not working for my HTC 8X on AT&T. If I enter ##634# or ##3424# the numbers disappear when I enter the last # and nothing happens.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Tell me, was your Venue Pro able to be jailbroken? When I type in ##634#, it takes me to a screen where it says I could transfer some sort of data between the device and a PC.

WPMANatXDA

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, on my Verizon 8X it brings up a screen labeled EmbeddedTool. It has two selections available, one is Diag, with a couple settings I don't really understand, and FieldTrial, which gives me the radio options. I now have an app called DiagnosticTool that, when selected, gives me a screen with my MEID, IMEI, SIM ID and VERSION. I can't do anything though, it's just the info.

Does it allow you to set your phone to 3G only mode? My phone is always on EDGE even I have strong 3G signal here and I am dying for the 3G only lock setting!

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

I tried it on my Verizon 8X and got the same.

MR_2FNGRZ

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
##778# brings up the Verizon PST servicexmwnu which allows you to change a host of settings. Its the one the service techs use. I'd advise not fooling with it unless you know what you are doing.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
CSDIAg could be starting by using these codes
##634#;
##778#;
##786#;
##3424#

with the last update it has much better tools to test your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikazkhan