920 Screen replacement

Mano77

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my screen shattered beyond recognition as well. I could even see the inside, but the phone still works. I had a 900 and never had that problem...this suck!!!

Mano77

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yup..just like mine after a minor fall. I could even see the inside of the phone and Nokia doesn't even want to hear me. I'm really disappointed. I sold my 900 for so cheap...

Noskal

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Uhh.. @Mano77 you forgot to switch your account on your 2nd post...

Anyway for OP, sorry for your loss. Looks like curved glass on large screen isn't a good idea, it is easier to shatter, no?

Mano77

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm extremely disappointed. I owned a Lumia 900 and convinced my sister to get the new 920 with me. I called Nokia, AT&T they basically told me that I have to shell out nearly two hundred bucks to get this fixed, which is way more than the iPhone. I've always had a case on the phone since I bought it and I've been really careful...IT'S BARELY A MONTH OLD. I didn't even take out the plastic covering from the phone. Total waste of my money. I've been telling everyone about windows phone and the Lumia ...maps, cam, etc. My sister's screen was also frozen to black for an entire day, and AT&T with NOKIA were beginning to pass the buck around until we resolved the problem...Therefore disappointed is an understatement :(

Attachments

• CLOSE UP..jpg
    CLOSE UP..jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 6
  • LONG..jpg
    LONG..jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 6
  • TOP..jpg
    TOP..jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 5
  • BACK..jpg
    BACK..jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 6
  • ON..jpg
    ON..jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 6

Mano77

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: 920 Broken screen problems

I'm extremely disappointed. I owned a Lumia 900 and convinced my sister to get the new 920 with me. I called Nokia, AT&T they basically told me that I have to shell out nearly two hundred bucks to get this fixed, which is way more than the iPhone. I've always had a case on the phone since I bought it and I've been really careful...IT'S BARELY A MONTH OLD. I didn't even take out the plastic covering from the phone. Total waste of my money. I've been telling everyone about windows phone and the Lumia ...maps, cam, etc. My sister's screen was also frozen to black for an entire day, and AT&T with NOKIA were beginning to pass the buck around until we resolved the problem...Therefore disappointed is an understatement :(

Attachments

• BACK..jpg
    BACK..jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 5
  • ON..jpg
    ON..jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 5
  • TOP..jpg
    TOP..jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 5
  • LONG..jpg
    LONG..jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 6
  • CLOSE UP..jpg
    CLOSE UP..jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 6

user S

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick FYI for anyone else, my wife ended up getting this case in hopes of not having another mishap.

Mobi Products Hard Shell Case for Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Phone Cases

It isn't too bulky and has a lip that extends up slightly above screen side of the phone to hopefully protect it if it falls screen downwards again or something. Personally I'm not getting a 920 now after dealing with all of this. I tend to drop my 900 at least once a day, sometimes on the sidewalk :) I don't think a 920 could take it.

chentiangemalc

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my Lumia 920 only about knee height, and it cracked like this as well. It was dropped on a rough concrete surface, totally shattered the screen. Was hoping it would be a bit more durable...considering the phone is already so thick...

chglovehmh

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Theres a authorized nokia repair center in Manhattan that I have taken all my nokia phones over the years for screen placement and other things, they are great. If you would like the info , phone number etc, hit me up on private message. :smile:

Can u pm me the info for the Nokia repair center in manhattan please. Thank u so much!!!

l3urton32

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone get the name or location of the Nokia authorized repair place in Manhattan yet? I just cracked my digitizer today, the LCD is good. I feel comfortable doing the repair myself but it would be nice to find out how much someone would charge to do it all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett