920 or WP8 Bluetooth Problems

mr.gmore

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a Jawbone Era and it seems to connect to my 920 but when I try to use it for my phone or even just audio from the phone it doesn't have any sound coming through. I can switch it off or switch to speaker or the handset and I can hear again. When my jawbone is connected to my BB it works just fine. Only problem is on my PH8 920. Is anyone else having an issue with the Bluetooth on the WP8 OS?

I have also heard of there being a problems with the Bluetooth when connecting to a car's Bluetooth, with all WP8 devices.

guyverl

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth working fantastically for me on my Jawbone Icon and Nokia BH-801 (still with me since the good old Nokia 8800! :D)

mr.gmore

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So do you think it is only has to do with the jawbone? I saw in other forums that there was problems with the Bluetooth connection in cars.

Nathan Pridemore

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had mixed feelings about bluetooth on my Nokia 920. My bluetooth Cy.Fi speaker works fine with audio and music controls, and so does my Nokia BH-505 BT headphones. My Pioneer DEH-8400BH car stereo does have some issues though. My phone connects to it fine and can use all the call functionality as designed. But I lost the ability to control the forward/previous track from the stereo and have to use the phone. It's not a HUGE deal but since I got used to my WP7 having the ability to stay in my pocket and auto connect and play when I got in the car I got kind of spoiled.

mr.gmore

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I am having mixed feelings with it as well. When it works, its seamless and perfect, when it doesn't, its a hassle and inconvenience. Do you think Microsoft knows the problems that some are having with the Bluetooth software in their phones?

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm having problems with the 920's bluetooth in my car. It auto-connects only about half the time (for voice and music purposes). And half the time it does auto-connect for voice, the music component doesn't connect. I'm constantly having to go into the phone and toggling bluetooth on and off or re-forcing a connection. It's really quite frustrating. My HTC Titan didn't have any of these problems (but was a POS phone otherwise).

My car has the GMAC UConnect system circa 2011.

-Mike

Tahir Malik

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I've got some issues with my Pioneer Avic-F20bt (Avic-F30bt).
Bluetooth audio works fine, but on handsfree the audio doesn't come through altough the connection is still paired.

Pioneer has embedded a Parrot bluetooth module, so I don't know what the issue is.

I just recently configured everything and don't really wan to do a reset (I already did a soft reset actually)

txdotjim

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had to replace my L920. I was having the same issues, only with my Oticon hearing aid streamer and even after several resets, it would not work.

mr.gmore

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
When you replaced your phone did the problem come back? I contacted Nokia this morning and went through their tech support and they went through the typical phone restart, phone reset, device reset, reconnect. At the end of the day they had no real specific way to fix the problem and suggested that I just go and get the handset looked at a service center. I want to understand if this is just a problem with the hardware or if it is a problem with the OS? I am taking my in to have it checked out. They will more than likely just replace it.

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I have already had two instances where I was on the phone in my car using car Bluetooth and the call would ether drop or end, and I would not be able to wake the phone up. It would just lock up and the only way to get it back to life is to do the hard reset.

Arman215

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have already had two instances where I was on the phone in my car using car Bluetooth and the call would ether drop or end, and I would not be able to wake the phone up. It would just lock up and the only way to get it back to life is to do the hard reset.

I compiled a quick list from couple of Microsoft and Nokia user forums and those are the cars and devices that do not work with Lumia 920 or any other Windows phone. Many can’t connect at all, some connect but having other issues like dropped connections, no phone book sync, loud noise if connected. 99% of those cars and devices have no problem pairing with other phones or Windows Phone 7.5 devices.
Also this is the by far the number 1 issue for Widows phone 8 at Microsoft answers community which has not been answered by Microsoft. When i posted the same list at Nokia’s site, they removed it…

2006 +- Audi A8L, 2004 – 2010 BMW 5 and 3 series, Kenwood DNX 6990HD Navstation + BT, 2012 Honda Oddyssey, Lexus LS460, 2010 Toyota Prius, 2010 Volvo, 2012 Chevy Malibu and 2012 Chevy Equinox, 2012 TomTom VIA 1535TM, Jeep’s RHB MyGig 430N Radio, Alpine CDE-133BT car audio CD receiver, 2012 acura tl, (2012 Ford Mustang GT w/ sync, Nissan Maxima 09, 2013 Kia Rio5, Audi A3 (2006) Navigation plus (RNS-E), Subaru Forester 2011 and Subaru Impreza 2012, 2011 Dodge Challenger, 2012 Hyundai Veloster, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2011 Ford F150 w/ Gen3 v3.2.2 Microsoft SYNC, 2013 subaru impreza, Kenwood DNX6990HD, TomTom Go LIVE 1000, Alpine CDE-HD137BT, 2008 MB ML550, UConnect BT system in 2011 Jeep, 2010 Ford F150 & 2011 Ford Fusion, Jeep Wrangler 430N, Jawbone Era, 2008 E550 Mercedes, Mazda CX-7, 2012 4Runner, 2012 Volvo V70 D3, 2011 VW Touareg, Dodge Challenger with Uconnect, Xbox Bluetooth headset, LG HBS 700 and Sony Xplode car deck, 2013 Kia Rio5 with Microsoft Uvo,
The list can be verified at:
HTC 8x Bluetooth cannot pair with 2007 BMW X5. Has anybody else facig - Microsoft Community

Nokia Support Discussions - Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems - Page 5 - Nokia Support Discussions
WP8 Pairing Issues with Car's Bluetooth - Microsoft Community

Arman215

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I compiled a quick list from couple of Microsoft and Nokia user forums and those are the cars and devices that do not work with Lumia 920 or any other Windows phone. Many can?t connect at all, some connect but having other issues like dropped connections, no phone book sync, loud noise if connected. 99% of those cars and devices have no problem pairing with other phones or Windows Phone 7.5 devices.
Also this is the by far the number 1 issue for Widows phone 8 at Microsoft answers community which has not been answered by Microsoft. When i posted the same list at Nokia?s site, they removed it?

2006 +- Audi A8L, 2004 ? 2010 BMW 5 and 3 series, Kenwood DNX 6990HD Navstation + BT, 2012 Honda Oddyssey, Lexus LS460, 2010 Toyota Prius, 2010 Volvo, 2012 Chevy Malibu and 2012 Chevy Equinox, 2012 TomTom VIA 1535TM, Jeep?s RHB MyGig 430N Radio, Alpine CDE-133BT car audio CD receiver, 2012 acura tl, (2012 Ford Mustang GT w/ sync, Nissan Maxima 09, 2013 Kia Rio5, Audi A3 (2006) Navigation plus (RNS-E), Subaru Forester 2011 and Subaru Impreza 2012, 2011 Dodge Challenger, 2012 Hyundai Veloster, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2011 Ford F150 w/ Gen3 v3.2.2 Microsoft SYNC, 2013 subaru impreza, Kenwood DNX6990HD, TomTom Go LIVE 1000, Alpine CDE-HD137BT, 2008 MB ML550, UConnect BT system in 2011 Jeep, 2010 Ford F150 & 2011 Ford Fusion, Jeep Wrangler 430N, Jawbone Era, 2008 E550 Mercedes, Mazda CX-7, 2012 4Runner, 2012 Volvo V70 D3, 2011 VW Touareg, Dodge Challenger with Uconnect, Xbox Bluetooth headset, LG HBS 700 and Sony Xplode car deck, 2013 Kia Rio5 with Microsoft Uvo,
The list can be verified at:
HTC 8x Bluetooth cannot pair with 2007 BMW X5. Has anybody else facig - Microsoft Community

Nokia Support Discussions - Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems - Page 5 - Nokia Support Discussions
WP8 Pairing Issues with Car's Bluetooth - Microsoft Community

taomeister

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have had all manner of Bluetooth problems lately on my 920. Tried using it with the Jawbone Jambox, my Sony stereo BT headset, and my VW GTI (2010) car stereo unit, and all three exhibit problems differently.

The first time I connected it to my car it only did a music connection, so when a text message came (I have the read-aloud ease of access on) it would announce through the car audio just fine, but fail to use the car's microphone so any attempt to dictate a message resulted in it not being able to pick up any sound, as it was in my pocket. When getting in and out of the car it would only auto-connect half the time, whereas my old iphone 3GS never failed. Sometimes it would get both music and voice through to the car, sometimes just music, sometimes none.

Tested this similarly with the Jawbone Jambox. At first it worked perfectly but then a day later it was only doing voice and not music. Doing a cold reboot and deleting / re-pairing the device finally got it to see both protocols again. A similar thing also occurs with my Sony stereo headset (IS-800) so this is definitely a problem with wp8/920 firmware.

Very frustrating, not being able to predict what successfully connects, and having no assurance that it automatically sees previous devices with the same settings. Anyway, just wanted to share my experiences. It seems this issue is quite widespread, any word on when a fix is coming?

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a Motorola HX550 Bluetooth headset and I have a lot of problems with it working with this phone. It disconnects a lot. I'll press the call button, tell it to call someone and I'll hear it ring once and then it will disconnect. If I'm lucky, I can press the call button again and it will pick back up, but sometimes, I have to go back in the settings menu and reconnect it there. Grrrr.

agliata

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am having same issues as the rest of you with my Motorola H17. Pares to phone can listen to music but cannot receive or make calls. Just dead silence. I have to disconnect to use the phone options. Pain in the A^%. After reading the struggles you all are having and experiencing my own I will skip the Nokia service tech peeps and head straight to AT&T for an exchange on the phone. If same problem occurs I will have to change phones. I am Nokia share holder and this breaks my heart but I need to have this device working in all its full functionality bliss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786