920 or WP8 Bluetooth Problems

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Also no album art and no thumbs up n down from unit only phone hopefully with Pandora app full control like android phones but still bad a&$!

William Turgeon

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This is not a problem which is exclusive to Nokia.
I have the same problem with a brand-new Samsung ATIV-S Windows 8 'phone.
I can pair the phone with my Windows 7 laptop, but after saying that the pairing was successful, the 'phone simply disconnects after a few seconds.
The laptop is still in the paired devices listing and if I click on it to connect, it goes through the process to connect, says it is successful and then disconnects again within 5 seconds!!

I highly doubt that this is a device problem, it seems to me to be a problem with the Bluetooth implementation in Windows 8. The fact that it carries out the identical actions on several different devices, with different OS's, says to me that the ONLY common denominator is the Bluetooth implementation in Windows 8 itself.

Aside from this, I use my new 'phone with three other Bluetooth devices - a Parrot CK3100 hands-free device (one each in my car and van) and a Jawbone earpiece.
At various times on ALL THREE of these devices, the 'phone has simply stopped communicating, or worse, has stayed paired, but not allowed the audio to connect to the Bluetooth device.

My old Windows 6.5 Mobile 'phone connected to ALL of these devices and worked properly, so I highly doubt that all of these devices have failed at the same time!!

I can understand 'glitches' in a brand-new OS, but Microsoft needs to come clean; admit they exist; and then work to solve these problems. Just keeping quiet and ignoring them does NOT solve the problem!

:angry:

JGPrimm

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Got a Nokia 920 W8 about a month ago. At first the phone paired via bluetooth nicely with my computer and I was able send photos to the computer. After about two weeks, the bluetooth failed to pair. It would say "connected" for about 5 seconds, then "not connected". I was able to temporarily solve this by doing a hard reboot (This loses all personal info). About two weeks later it failed again. Then, the screen would go black after a call was made or received. (Couldn't even access the screen to hang up calls!) Phone replaced. New phone > bluetooth paired to computer for about three days. Now same bluetooth problem. I think this phone is fundamentally flawed.

Dastweinerhund

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Good job with this list. Of course they removed it. Like they removed the complaints of the toast notification of text messages showing up on lock screen and the Google calender no longer syncing with the phone. Going to source an Iphone now as my car was listed. I was enjoying the other factors of the device but I need more than just a pretty play thing.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
920 used to work with my kenwood dnx9140 no problems. Up until a couple of months ago it stopped pairing. I'm beyond pissed. I'm not sure which update screwed it up, but they need to fix this bs like yesterday.

keezdriver1

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue with my Hyundai Sonata (2013) and my 920. The phone will auto connect to the Bluetooth and will my text messages come in they get read to me, but when I make a call or get a call it transfers the call to my phone. I have to pickup the phone and turn off bluetooth on the call to be able to take it. I too hope they get this fixed soon, my iPhone worked with out any issues. Bummer.

DanLSwan

May 4, 2013
Visit site
You can add a 2011 Dodge Durango with the 430-N media center to the list. My problem is that the phone book didn't load when paring. I can still use voice activation to say "Dial ***-***-****" but I can't say "Call name" Does anyone know where I can find out if someone is working on the problem?

nqh173

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm having an issue with bluetooth connection. My NL 920 used to connect with bluetooth Glue GD2, but after updating GDR2/ Amber, it is unable to connect. Could anyone help me to find out the solution? Thanks,

kilgore walleye

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was having a problem with bluetooth on my 920 this weekend as well. I was connected to a bluetooth speaker (G-boom from Target, btw. good sound, very loud for playing outside, a great deal at $85) and playing music fine. Then someone else tookover the speaker for a little while, and I later noticed that my phone was off. So I soft-reset it. After that, I couldn't connect to the speaker. I would tap it, it would say 'connected' for a split second, but immediately disconnect.

SOLUTION: I tapped-and-held the G-boom speaker in the list of bluetooth devices, which gave me the option to delete the speaker. I deleted it from the list, turned the speaker off and on again, and then I was able to reconnect to the speaker and play music. Hope this helps someone else.

nqh173

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I was having a problem with bluetooth on my 920 this weekend as well. I was connected to a bluetooth speaker (G-boom from Target, btw. good sound, very loud for playing outside, a great deal at $85) and playing music fine. Then someone else tookover the speaker for a little while, and I later noticed that my phone was off. So I soft-reset it. After that, I couldn't connect to the speaker. I would tap it, it would say 'connected' for a split second, but immediately disconnect.

SOLUTION: I tapped-and-held the G-boom speaker in the list of bluetooth devices, which gave me the option to delete the speaker. I deleted it from the list, turned the speaker off and on again, and then I was able to reconnect to the speaker and play music. Hope this helps someone else.

Wow, I've tried your instruction and it was connected. Thank you so much kilgore walleye. .

Emloch

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and a 2009 Acura TSX.

My phone connects via bluetooth just fine. I make and receive calls and play music. My problem is that while my phone is paired to my car, it won't play any sounds for notifications. It has before, I think. It does vibrate, but I don't always notice that. I can go in to change ringtones and try to play them manually and it won't play them, but if I disconnect bluetooth it all plays. I was listening to something using the audio jack while the phone was paired and heard a notification, but I don't usually do that.

This is a minor annoyance as I don't know when I receive a text if I am on the road for a while and only check my phone at stop lights. I have tried rebooting the phone and that did not change the behavior. Odd behavior, hope it gets fixed.

Here is the problem. There are two different channels that your phone connects via Bluetooth; "Calling" and "Music". When my phone connects to my car, all sounds from the phone itself stop working.
The reason is because the sounds are "pushed" to my car. My text notifications will play through my car speakers, etc. However, the problem is that to hear them, I have to have my car input set to "Bluetooth" mode because those sounds are pushed through the "Music" channel. This is a problem because I listen to my music via the radio or USB stick, I need the car input on "Radio" or "USB" mode. It is stupid that they do this. The text and email notifications should be pushed through the "Calling" channel, not the "Music" channel. They should function the same way a call comes through; I can have my car on any input mode and when a call comes through, it interrupts the music. This is how text notifications SHOULD work too, especially since the have the "Read aloud" feature for text messages. Currently, the feature is useless to me. Bah!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb