Skype preview app is a battery killer on my Lumia 920

Rong Zhou

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have found out the root cause of my Lumia's battery issue these days. I have tried turning off NFC, Bluetooth and other background apps before. But since Skype doesn't show up in the background apps, I did not realize that it could be the cause. Since I did that yesterday, I still have 63% left, even after a day's usage. Before that, I would run out of battery before 2pm!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I have found out the root cause of my Lumia's battery issue these days. I have tried turning off NFC, Bluetooth and other background apps before. But since Skype doesn't show up in the background apps, I did not realize that it could be the cause. Since I did that yesterday, I still have 63% left, even after a day's usage. Before that, I would run out of battery before 2pm!

Skype doesn't run in the background. Your online presence is hosted on a cloud server and only signals your phone if there is activity, like a call or text.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think the battery issue people are having is perplexing, because people are claiming it on different things. And all appear to be legitimate to the user.

I think it may be a power management issue in the firmware that is triggered when certain apps call a particular set of APIs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers