How to put music files on the 920

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I, like many other Windows Phone users, cannot connect my phone to my computer to transfer files. Are there any other ways to transfer music files from my computer or Surface to my phone? There are a lot of songs on my computer that are not in Xbox Music's catalogue.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have no issue putting any media on my 920.....
Have you tried using the WinRT Windows Phone App from the Windows Store on your Surface?

Plus, you should be able to access 920 as removable storage though the "Computer" if using x86+ Win OS on PC

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have no issue putting any media on my 920.....
Have you tried using the WinRT Windows Phone App from the Windows Store on your Surface?

Plus, you should be able to access 920 as removable storage though the "Computer" if using x86+ Win OS on PC

I have tried the WinRT Phone App on my Surface, the Windows 8 Phone App on my desktop and tried to access the phone through the "computer" on both my Surface and my desktop. None work. The phone shows as a device but I get an error message when I try to access it. Other people with Windows phones seem to be having the same problem. I am going to try to connect it to a friend's Windows 7 computer and see what happens.

Any ideas on how to get media to my phone without connecting it with USB?

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Until you get your computer to show a drive that you can access you could try uploading some music to Skydrive or Box perhaps.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Interesting that you can not see it.
You are using the Windows Phone 8 connector, and NOT Zune, correct?

Have you tried plugging it into a different USB port?

jbenz101

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand. I had a samsung focus previously and the zune app worked great. Now I have the nokia 920 and it had me download an app that reads Windows Phone - App Preview 2. Which works terribly and I pay for zune/xbox music and it didnt recognize half of the music i have downloaded from there on the app. I need some help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)