Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!

pookiewood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
THANK YOU!!!! I did a Hard Reset because I tried everything to get the Nokia Ringtone Maker to work. I figured a reset may help and I didn't have any issues after Portico. I got the Gears for Hours! I had to go to a B-day party so i left my phone at home while the Package for my phone downloaded. I came home and it was still on gears. This Fixed it right up! Thanks!

lilivo

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I cannot seem to install the care suite. I have done everything that I read on this post but still get this error. "The wizard was interrupted before Nokia Care Suite 5.0 could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again." Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong??? Please help!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    111.4 KB · Views: 10

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I cannot seem to install the care suite. I have done everything that I read on this post but still get this error. "The wizard was interrupted before Nokia Care Suite 5.0 could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again." Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong??? Please help!

Probably a wrong version of MS Visual C++ 2010 (it needs an exact version of it, to be included)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package

Cornish Welding

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Big thank you, I now have my EE 920 unlocked (done earlier), and now totally unbranded, no ee default homepage, mms settings etc all work without having to manually input the apn...very happy camper

Perus

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Solution for people face Qualcomm MSM drivers is try installing nokia pc suite, or plug others Nokia with symbian that have usb setting "connect to pc suite" because a driver will be automatically installed and change Qualcomm MSM to RM-821 Lumia 920 (but still asking for driver)

This driver's issue makes me so frustating for a day!

Well, I'm going crazy about this issue with the Qualcomm MSM drivers too, on PC #1 (Acer, AMD-ish Win7 x64, all old Nokia s/w like NSU and stuff) I flashed both a 920 and a 820 without problems with the -.45 version of NCS and then at another location PC #2 (Acer, i7-ish Win7 x64, Nokia s/w installed) and same antivirus and UAC/dev.mgmr. etc settings(!).
I'm on the 7:th try now reinstalling the whole bunch of "Old" Nokia s/w plus NCS .Tried them all (NCS ver -.40.-45.and -51 and still the same. Different USB ports and so on...:(
Manually deleted programdata-files and stuff after each try and so on...manually installed drivers under ..\drivers\ folder as well..Never had this kind of trouble before with drivers...
qualcom missing msm.jpg

The thing I've never tried on PC #2 is to plug in a Symbian device in PC suite mode because I don't have a Symbian phone at this loc. Isn't there anything else to be tried?

/Per

magictoaster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody knows what happened to the RM-820_Rogers_Canada_VAR240202_v2_Black firmware? I have selected Nokia Limia 920 (RM-820) but only release 1232.2109.1242.1001 is listed. I cannot get 1232.2109.1242.1002 to show up. Any ideas where I could get it?

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for posting this. After updating to Portico, I had rather constant freezes, probably 1 a day, so I decided to just reset my phone. Not sure how but that simple action bricked it! Your process saved it so thanks again.

Question for anyone: When I did the factory reset, it just sat there with the spinning gears for hours until I gave up. Does anyone know if I do a factory reset again, will it brick again?

dickturpin1976

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
my lumia is now a ****ing brick! had it since early december, not a single problem with it. even factory rest it without issue. anyway gets a call yeserday saying i can upgrade to 4g free of charge no extra on my price plan as i was just on normal 3g contract. got my 4g sim today followed instructions, switched phone on, then phone started contstantly rebooting itself, done the hard reset with vol down/power now it just comes up the nokia logo, nothing else. tried power vol dwn then up. nothing. sometimes it came up a cog and lightening bolt, now its the nokia logo. wish i`d never have put the 4g sim in it :(

also i should add when it originally started rebooting i put my old sim in it and it come on fine. so i wiped the phone in settings menu and swapped the sim back to the 4g one to see if tis helped thats when it ept going to the noka logo.. this surely has something to do with these ****ing 4g sim cards :angry:

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
After doing reset function in my phone I was stuck on the gears for 1 hour, I performed soft reset 5x(Hold volume down+power for 10 seconds) after the 5th time it rebooted fully didn't have to use any sw or nokia suit to fix.

vect0r

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It appears as though they've closed open access to firmware via navifirm (Nokia closing open connection to Navifirm | Daily Mobile). As such I can't find my rogers device in the firmware list anymore (1232.2109.1242.1002 - RM-820_Rogers_Canada_VAR240202_v2_Black).

Looks like a lot of people can still access their firmware, but not us Canadians. If anyone happens to have the firmware I listed above, PLEASE contact me as my Lumia is bricked and would like to get it up ASAP.

In the mean time, download and keep your firmware in safe keeping as it looks like they're trying to take this away.

pphunkymunky

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
If you're having issues installing Nokia Care Suite, and you already installed the Microsoft Visual C ++ packages. Just go to a command prompt, change to the directory you downloaded the file to e.g c:\downloads and type the following:

msiexec /i
Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2012.45.4.5.msi

This will allow you to proceed as normal.

the1casey1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
wow fixed my bricked phone in a jiffy. I also pressed the vol down and power button, and then just released them. no need to hit volume up.

MUGZ85

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I managed to find the Rogers ROM, although I didn't get a chance to try it out yet. I'll leave the link below.

Does anyone know if it's Ok to flash an AT&T phone with the Rogers' ROM? My reason for doing so is that there doesn't seem to be an option to set the maximum data connection speed (3G/4G) in the data settings on the AT&T ROM. while it's available on both of my Rogers Lumia 920s. I'd like to set it to 3G instead of LTE, as I get a very intermittent connection when it's set to LTE. Does anyone know if flashing the ROM to Rogers will a) work and b) solve this problem? If not, does anyone else know a solution to this problem? Thanks.

The website is Lumia920 RM-820 1232.2109.1242.1001 ... Note: You'll need to remove the additional prefix from all of the files in order to make them run (compare them to the AT&T rom files and you'll see what I mean).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo