Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,
Im new to the forums and have just recently bought my LumiA 920. (Black).
I bought the phone sim free from phone masters UK. The phone came from HK but when I look at the box it is labelled with Polish text.

I has been working fine but I wasn't able to get any latest updates with it. So I tried the Nokia Software updater and it told me I did infact have an update to receive. I downloaded it and it all installed fine but now it has added a branded polish network logo (Plus +) during start up. The phone seems to be working fine but it just annoys me now that I have this branded logo.
Can I use the NaviFirm+ 1.7 to flash it to a generic UK (sim free) firmware with no branding?
If so can anyone give me an Idea as to which version I and description to look out for?
It is the RM-821 (Black) version I am using.
I am also on the 3 network.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
Dave

You can definitely flash it with any generic firmware. If you're using LTE get the one for EE (no startup brands at all) or get the Finnish one 059Q917 (1308.1).

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI, I did another hard reset and this time I let it sit on the cogs for a long time and then just held volume down, power, and camera and then it finished the hard reset soon after. That's an improvement.

I just reset another 920 to give it to my sister-in-law, and once again I didn't need to use the flash process. I hard reset with about screen, then hard reset twice using the button combo above, then finally pulled the SIM card and hard reset again and it came back fine. Waited maybe ten minutes in-between each time. Just more info for everyone having trouble with the flashing process. I've basically done about 5 different hard resets with different 920s now without the need to flash.

PhotoAtomicLab

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
thanks! this guide worked very well for me
just a quick note
i have the italian version of the phone and the code is RM-821 so the folder that needs to be created under
C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-821
is rm-821
second
i've Windows 8, and it appears that there are some compatibility problem with nokia care suite, just set compatibility mode for the suite to "Windows 7" and everything have worked fine

thanks again this guide is GREAT!

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted everyone to not update to the latest NCS. It has a verification process you cannot get around. Stick with original posted.

scottie_lumia

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I understand why people would need this tutorial in order to unbrick their 920s. However, I would like to know why this happens in the first place? I love my Lumia, but this has got me pining for another OS.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Right click and troubleshoot compatibility. Then install the file it tells you. The x86 version regardless of what you are running.

brianLTE

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Also I was getting errors when I was plugged into USB 3.0, I'm not sure why that would stop it but once I plugged into a 2.0 it worked fine.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok so Nokia care suit downloaded fine and I got the navifirm stuff. (I replaced a broken digitizer which went fine.) so my phone first booted up but would not recognize the SIM then it just went back to the brick screen. Any help? Red l920 att version.

jbrandonf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm frustrated. I've had a couple problems I can't overcome during this whole process. Number one, after I downloaded the large .ffu file I went into the c:/ drive to locate the proper files and add the right folders but I found that I had to create the entire pathway from the ProgramData folder. There was no preset Nokia --Packages--etc folder there. I think that's a root problem.

That's problem number one, next I'm in Nokia Care Suite and in the beginning step of Open Product there is no listing for RM-820. So I'm stuck and can't proceed. Anybody willing to help?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium