Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!

dougolupski

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Use this website (ATT and Rogers only). Not liable for anything that happens to your phone but I used it (and stuck with my carrier/color combo firmware file) and I brought back a bricked 920:

Lumia920 RM-820 1232.2109.1242.1001

THANK YOU!
I got mine up and going once I had the files. She is restoring now, now I will see if my gps still suck to high heaven. If not its going back under warranty.

Lucas Bursoni

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
did you use the same method that they showed in the first page? I mean, did you use the Nokia Care? I tried, i created the folders but the firmware didnt show up in the Nokia Care

gandhirushi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Guys, there is a very simple solution to this problem. In case you do end up with endless spinning gears, do the following:
1. Let the gears spin until the battery dies down.
2. Remove the sim card after the phone battery is empty.
3. Connect the phone back into the wall charger and PLEASE DO NOT turn on the phone. THE PHONE WILL TURN ON BY ITSELF ONCE YOU CONNECT IT TO THE WALL CHARGER.
4. You will see that the phone now is booting up normally. It is ready for use.
5. Insert your sim once the phone is up & running normally.

Hope this helps.

Lucas Bursoni

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Guys, there is a very simple solution to this problem. In case you do end up with endless spinning gears, do the following:
1. Let the gears spin until the battery dies down.
2. Remove the sim card after the phone battery is empty.
3. Connect the phone back into the wall charger and PLEASE DO NOT turn on the phone. THE PHONE WILL TURN ON BY ITSELF ONCE YOU CONNECT IT TO THE WALL CHARGER.
4. You will see that the phone now is booting up normally. It is ready for use.
5. Insert your sim once the phone is up & running normally.

Hope this helps.

just tried, didnt work at all

dougolupski

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
did you use the same method that they showed in the first page? I mean, did you use the Nokia Care? I tried, i created the folders but the firmware didnt show up in the Nokia Care

It did. You have to download all of the files on the site posted above then copy them into the exact folder extension shown on the front page. I forgot to make a folder products folder and it didn't show up. It must be like this C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-820\ with all of the data files you downloaded in the rm-820 folder.

dougolupski

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Glad it helped! Is your Lumia okay now?

Yep shes all up and running, thank you. Had an issue with Xbox music pass but it was on MS side effecting a lot of us WP8 owners. Just sucked it happened right when I re did my phone, I thought I screwed something else up. But all good now.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the list of people that got this error. I left it on the charger for over six hours. Finally tried doing some soft resets with no luck. Then, out of the blue, it started working again. Yay! I switched MS Accounts and had to do a hard reset. Wasn't expecting the spinning cogs of death.

Ajay Desai

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Had the exact same thing, can you believe both AT&T and Nokia suggested that I hard reset? For all of us, when I see Stephen Elop I will call him out for being ignorant of customer experience 101.:confused::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I wish Dell would get into the phone business for real, their support has never been so idiotic.

tmservo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Reset my Nokia 920 (post Portico) bricked. Finally, after much screwing around, got it to come back to life it appears. I had figured they would have this all fixed after the last round of updates, but apparently not. There are just too many issues with this phone at the moment, definitely feel like guinea pigs.

dougolupski

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Reset my Nokia 920 (post Portico) bricked. Finally, after much screwing around, got it to come back to life it appears. I had figured they would have this all fixed after the last round of updates, but apparently not. There are just too many issues with this phone at the moment, definitely feel like guinea pigs.

Really? I dont feel that way at all, sure there a few hiccups at least with my phone but it has been relatively trouble free. The only reason mine bricked was because I reset it. Now mind you it should brick while doing a hard reset and thats something Nokia needs to look at but still I dont have any issues short of it randomly soft resetting itself around midnight.

What issues are you having with it?

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Tried this fix, got to the nokia progress screen, the software on the computer was doing it's verification or whatever and then the screen went black and now won't come on at all no matter what I try. If I plug it in the computer starts trying to install a "coprocessor" in device manager but that's it. It'll make the ding sounds when you connect your phone like normal but that's it. Same if I hold down volume down and power. It makes the sound but nothing else happens. I'm afraid my phone is completely bricked beyond repair (at least as much as I can do) Ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers