Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I read this whole thread looking to see if anyone is trying to do what I am and didn't see anything (sorry if I missed it).

My phone is not bricked. I am trying to use a Lumia 920 from AT&T (white) on T-Mobile. I have already unlocked the phone through AT&T and have successfully been using it with phone and text on T-Mobile's network; however, MMS does not work and I only get EDGE speeds. I've read that I can get 3G (but not LTE) by flashing to the Roger's ROM and then to the European Dev ROM but I'm having a few issues in doing so.

I believe my phone is RM-820. First, I do not see a European Dev Rom available for the RM-820. Second, when I try to flash the Roger's ROM:

059R6P3 RM-820 VAR AMERICA CA ROGERSWIRE SL WH

I get the following error:
0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails: Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong or how I can get around this?

Thanks!

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
As an update to my issue, I received a reply in a different thread, so please see my response to that thread below. It worked perfectly for me, even though it took a little over an hour--following the steps outlined in the link worked and I did not have to flash a ROM onto my Lumia 920:

Much thanks to ktl88 for posting the thread on: Stuck on running gears for over 8 hours!! Nokia Lu... - Nokia Support Discussions! This worked like a charm and resolved my issue. I had followed similar steps in a different posting I had read, but apparently, I was not giving it long enough to complete, so I thought I'd need to flash a ROM back on to my phone. By following the steps in this thread and waiting a little over an hour, my phone finally restarted and booted up to the initial windows phone setup screen. A lot of people in the thread indicated it took them 5 - 20 minutes, so mine took much longer than that, but it definitely works!!! Thanks again.

Norris

Thanks, it worked for me :)

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I got the european dev rom installed... but still no 3G :( Guess I'm stuck with Edge until t-mobile gets their next round of windows phone (WP 8.1 phones, hopefully with better specs than the 1020/925)

RShuffle

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Now trying to sort mine. Hard reset it to send it in for repair (wiping all my data) and it's bricked itself. Stuck on the gears. No luck on the Up-Down-Power-Down combo and NavFirm isn't working. This is going well....

RShuffle

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Tried Up-Down-Power-Down , got a lightning bolt and a cog, did a soft reset and now back to two cogs. Going to give it ten minutes. Might resort to just letting it power down. It's going into nokia anyway to get a screen issue fixed, I just wanted to wipe my data!

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Tried Up-Down-Power-Down , got a lightning bolt and a cog, did a soft reset and now back to two cogs. Going to give it ten minutes. Might resort to just letting it power down. It's going into nokia anyway to get a screen issue fixed, I just wanted to wipe my data!

I got my black 920 to reset that way, but never could get my white one to work with the hard or soft reset - the white one had already run the power all the way down though so I think part of the reason was that it just didn't have enough juice to do it or something. I ended up just sending it in to Nokia and they fixed it.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

First time I tried UDPD it doesn't works, then after soft reset it works when the UDPD was at the nokia logo.

doggie3001

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
:shocked: I need help!! my laptop crashed when i was flashing the phone and now it doesn't show anything or do anything, and when i try volume down + power it doesn't even vibrate..... can somebody help me???? what can i do????

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
:shocked: I need help!! my laptop crashed when i was flashing the phone and now it doesn't show anything or do anything, and when i try volume down + power it doesn't even vibrate..... can somebody help me???? what can i do????
wait for the battery to fully discharge, can take a very long time...a full day even.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So I am trying to download the firmware from the Product Support Tool. Clicked on Download but the download never starts. No error. Says its queued for download but the Downloads in Progress on the bottom right stays at 0.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone ever experience issues actually downloading a file from the Product Support Tool? I can not figure out why the firmware is not downloading.

dougolupski

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Download every file under your color/carrier. Lumia920 RM-820 1232.2109.1242.1001 Nokia care didn't download the files for me either from what I understand they have blocked it for those without the passcode. Follow the instructions a few pages back you must place the files you download in the exact file structure listed. Honestly if it doesnt work double check the instruction another time, most issues now stem from people missing a part.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
attempting to flash my US Lumia 920 however running navifirm exe I get a "service specific exceptions error: com.nokia.posti.server.caresuite.webservice.UnauthorizedFault. Any suggestions how I can proceed?

update: I assume the post directly above will guide me. I'll give it a shot. thanks.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I was using to new a version of Nokia Care Suite. So now I was able to download the firmware. The USB Recovery is now in progress. To lesd777, Navifirm no longer works. I think they should update the first post of this thread with the new way to do this.

Download Official Nokia Firmware Even Without Navifirm+ | BlinkThinks in Binaries

Above is a great way to get the firmware. Remove the Nokia Care Suite you have now and download the one from this link. Copy and over right the cfg file after install. Once you successfully download the firmware, click on File and Open Product, Filter to your device, click Open. Then click Start on the new screen. It may ask you to reset your phone before it can do its thing.

I just finished flashing and waiting for first boot up to complete. So far so good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss