Emails keep disappearing out of POP email account

krazy_kaktus

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My emails keep disappearing out of my email account I set up with POP. My hotmail email account works fine. After I received the email 10 minutes later it has magically disappeared from my inbox.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Have to ask, have you checked your settings to be sure it's not deleting them after being accessed by POP? For instance, there's a setting in GMail that you can set to do exactly that.

pop.JPG

krazy_kaktus

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I see no additional settings in my phone. I also have this account linked to a iPhone and my computer. I do not have any problems with those devices. Only with my windows phone. I just noticed that when my phone try's to re sync the messages they disappear. Its random some times its syncs and receives emails 10 times then deletes them some times I can only sync twice before they are gone.

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this in Windows 8 as well. It has something to do with the syncing in that it keeps in sync with the server rather than downloading the messages to the phone and then only downloading new messages. Where this becomes an issue is in the situation above where one of your devices is set to delete the message from the server after downloading.

Basically it goes:

1) Email comes in and is available for all devices
2) Shows up on WP
3) Other device downloads and removes from server
4) WP syncs and removes the email from its list

Another thing to keep in mind, when you delete a message from your wp (or Windows 8 mail app for that matter) you are actually deleting if from the server so no other email programs can download it and the message is pretty much gone.

I have not found a setting to disable this functionality thought you can change the length of time it looks for messages to sync... this is very dangerous functionality when you have multiple places it is syncing to, especially if you like a clean inbox on your phone.

tfouto

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have a question. Does WP8 still supports Yahoo Mail? I know it doesn't support POP3 and i am not sure if Yahoo is POP3 or IMAP and i my mail is Yahoo. Anyone using Yahoo Mail on WP8 with no problem?

I need to know that before i jump in to 8x.

Thanks

dk0654

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 will support Yahoo Gmail and POP accounts but let me elaborate on the POP accounts. 95% of all pop email accounts have a way to check your mail online. EXAMPLE::: I use Suddenlink with a POP email account but they have an online email client and it works off IMAP so if your setting up Windows 8 or phone 8 you should just type in incoming mail server:::: imap.yourprovider.com . net or whatever outgoing::::::smtp.yourprovider.com .net whatever.
NOW, some providers may not use their provider name in their email settings so please check with your provider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077