Question from ex-android guy

jivy26

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
For WP versions in the past have there been mods done to them by the community to allow for things that otherwise wouldn't be possible. I.E. Mod to allow more then just the stock keyboards? I'm not very familiar with WP world so thanks in advance.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know of any replacement keyboards and so far I like the keyboard on my 822.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
No. WP8 is not modable to the same extent android is, so custom ROMs are usually ignored. A custom ROM might get you WP 7.8 a bit earlier, but that is about it.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has taken the Apple approach of locking down the OS and devices, but went the Google route of mixing in plenty of manufacturers in the process. What you get is a relatively seamless transition from device to device with sprinkles of customization or added functionality exclusive to the handset you go with. Example - the HTC 8X has Beats Audio.

Don't buy a Windows Phone for the customization and modding.

Leo Kaukidi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I came from S3 & I5, while I do sometimes miss the swype feature of android I have to say the predictive text / correction and the keyboard are very well designed, I seem to text faster on this phone then I ever did with swype.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss