Thanks so much NOKIA!!

Hypetrak

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently had issues with my phone turning off for no apparent reason the past few days and decided to go out and about emailing Mr. Elop about the issue. I received a reply back within hours and he forwarded me to Nokia Resolution where I explained my 920 issue.

Long story short - they gave me a shipping label and are replacing my white 920 absolutely free of charge! Downside is that I now have to use my iPhone for a few days until I receive it :(

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Oh, so there ARE some Lumia 920's in existance, it's just Nokia aren't sending them to retailers :( I'm still waiting for one to even be available for me to buy...

In other news, I'm glad Nokia's support is so good! I doubt I'd get that from HTC

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I recently had issues with my phone turning off for no apparent reason the past few days and decided to go out and about emailing Mr. Elop about the issue. I received a reply back within hours and he forwarded me to Nokia Resolution where I explained my 920 issue.

Long story short - they gave me a shipping label and are replacing my white 920 absolutely free of charge! Downside is that I now have to use my iPhone for a few days until I receive it :(

Why wouldnt your phone be replaced free of charge? it is still under warranty probably.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Why would Nokia not be sending them out? Its far more likely that the retailers are ordering conservatively.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree, Nokia's support is absolutely stellar. I've been plagued with battery issues (and freezes every couple days) since I got my 920. Seemed to go away since I restored it but now some days it'll lose 25% in 40 minutes.

So last Friday I went to the Rogers store I purchased the phone from (or rather, since I pre-ordered the phone, I went to the store that the phone was shipped to). Mind you as of Friday it had only been 11 days since I got the phone, so I was within the 14 day exchange/return policy. I walked into the store and explained my issue, that I would like to exchange the phone since there are clearly some odd issues going on. The man pretty much blew me off, saying I would have to go to the Rogers technical depot (whatever that is) and get a quote about getting the battery replaced, if that is the issue. So I walked out pretty angry/frustrated. Got home, cooled off, and phone Rogers technical support. Same. Bloody. Story. I mean seriously I paid for the friggin phone 11 days earlier and they won't even attempt to help me, just gauge money out of me.

So, in a last attempt, I email Stephen Elop explaining my story, including all of my data of what I did to try and resolve the problem. The next day he sends me an email saying he's sorry to hear about the issue, and that he's cc'd some Nokia care people on the email who will get back to me about getting it resolved. Today I exchanged emails with someone from Nokia Care and set up a phone call with them. The lady was very nice and even though English didn't seem to be her first language she did really well (definitely had a Finnish accent). She confirmed with me what my issue was with my 920 , said how sorry she was that I had this issue, and that Nokia sees this as a very high end phone and wants to do everything they can to make it succeed and that they value my feedback as a customer for helping improve their product experience. Now I have read that on here (and the Rogers forums) that some people, like myself, who got their 920 the week before launch have had some issues. So it was definitely strange when she asked me if I had gotten the phone from Rogers during their early launch. I had not told her this so I suspect that there was more to that launch than Rogers was willing to tell everyone.

So at the end of it all she said that because the phone is so popular they are experiencing stock issues around the world and that it may take some time to get a new phone to me. Honestly I couldn't have asked for better customer service, especially since my carrier was no help at all. So I would suggest anyone who has issues with their 920 and is getting jerked around by their carrier to contact Nokia support, they seem pretty willing to listen and to help.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Why would Nokia not be sending them out? Its far more likely that the retailers are ordering conservatively.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

See my post above. According to the person I spoke to at Nokia, there is a shortage of phones.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
It's awesome how much Stephen Elop is actually responding to people.. You can tell it's not just some canned PR response ...

Rogers can rot in you know what as far as I'm concerned.. I wish nothing but bad things for that company.. They continue to screw people over every single day, yet, they remain in business. I just don't understand it..

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
In fairness to Mr. Elop, he probably has some people working his email address, though I'm sure he may field a few, the response time on these emails seems way too quick for a CEO that probably has better things to do. Still impressed, though (I, too, have sent him an email and received a response).

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
In fairness to Mr. Elop, he probably has some people working his email address, though I'm sure he may field a few, the response time on these emails seems way too quick for a CEO that probably has better things to do. Still impressed, though (I, too, have sent him an email and received a response).

That is probably true, but I think the key thing here is that people are getting responses and Nokia seems to be fairly active in getting issues resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I just got off the phone with Resolutions and did the same thing as you. They even asked me to email Mr. Elop to let him know they are taking care of me.

Amazing service!

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. WOW, personal response from ELop....Thats awesome!

Hypetrak

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If I were to exchange it via AT&T, they would have charged me a $35 restocking fee. However, this exchange was 100% free for me (shipping paid for), not to mention the support was very helpful and kind.

Why wouldnt your phone be replaced free of charge? it is still under warranty probably.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonah P

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
AT&T will replace phones (as long as they are identical..same model and color) free of charge if it is an issue with the manufacturing. Nokia is responsible for these defects. You also have 30 days vs. 14 days.

Source: AT&T Customer Service as well as Retail Sales Consultant

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
The $35 fee is SUPPOSED to be for regretful purchases, not defective ones, but they'll still try to charge you unless you call them on it. In that case a store will charge you the $35 and then immediately credit you the $35 to offset it, which basically nullifies the fee perfectly.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Once again, my future phones will be Nokia, and it isn't even close anymore.

After the amazing non-existent assistance from HTC about the first Titan and all the problems we had with it and the non-existent support for either Titan, and Samsung's treating WP as a third class citizen, I am just amazed at the good responses Nokia gives their customers. They were all over problems with the 900 as well. Toss in the way they are beating the bushes to improve the WP ecosystem with their mapping service, streaming radio, and apps and you have what we in the consumer world refer to as a "no-brainer".

My wife asked me since I was going to wait until after the 7.8 update to start truly looking at buying a WP 8 if I would buy a second hand Nokia in a few months since we all know they will start to pop up. It would save a little money for a basic like new device. She was shocked to hear me say no. I will buy a new Nokia and support the company I think is the future of my favorite OS. I certainly hope all WP manufacturers are successful. Heck, truth be told I will at least look at the other devices. But when it comes to actually plopping down my money? Can't see it going to any other company.

To steal a line from the OP.....Thanks so much, Nokia.

JohnDoes

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You know what? If you have saved the galaxy a dozen times, responding to emails isn't that big deal!
shatner.jpgStephen-Elop.jpg
William Tiberius Elop!

Last edited:

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I will be getting my first Nokia phone today. If Nokia customer service is this awesome and the build quality of the phone is as good they say I can deal with any temporary issues WP 8 has. So psyched! :-D

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Indeed. I've seen it a few times, and it just happened to me now that got a reply from Stephen saying they'll assist me. The "standard" response is:

Hello there OR Hi there,

[[RANDOM INTRODUCTION]] - I am sorry that you have encountered these problems. I will ask my team to assist.

Regards,

Stephen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6