Cases for HTC 8X

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Could you post some pics of it when you receive it?

Here's the Doubleshot case. Just got it this afternoon from the Microsoft store. I don't think it makes the volume and power buttons too hard to operate. Feels very slim and unobtrusive. Big like! This is the Verizon employee edition in gray and yellow, so yellow accents still show and look good with the blue I think.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Psydotek

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Just received the Diztronic and Cimo S-line cases from Amazon today. Diztronic is black and Cimo is clear. Both are made from TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane), which feels to be in between a soft silicone skin and a hard shell.

Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for HTC Windows Phone 8X (Verizon & AT&T) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for HTC Windows Phone 8X (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon) - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

Both are nice but if you don't mind covering up the phone color, the Diztronic seems to be the nicer of the two. It's molded with better precision and has the same "soft touch" feel of the 8X case. The Cimo has a slight but noticeable raised seam line around the edge. Power button is covered on the Cimo case which makes pressing it more difficult where the Diztronic has a cutout. Volume and camera buttons are covered on both. I'll see about getting pictures up later...

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered the Otterbox Commuter... I'll post pics when I get it. I've been waiting for the Commuter because I don't like the bulk of the Defender.

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got the yellow and blue Speck Candyyshell Grip case from ATT (it was on sale!)
so far it fits very nice, doesnt add too much bulk and has raised edges, which is a big plus since I tend to drop my phone a lot!
I'll be posting pictures soon!

Still planning on buying the otterbox commuter series when the white/grey one comes out!

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I've got the HTC Doubleshot (pics above), the Cimo S-line in pink, and the Verizon TPU gel case in purple. I like all 3 of them - they are all nice and slim and don't add much bulk, especially the Doubleshot. The thing the two TPU cases offer is better grip. The Doubleshot is slippery but it looks great and protects the back cover. The Cimo and Verizon cases rise up a little over the screen and so offer some protection if you place the phone face down.

nks14

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
i got the Doubleshot and a screen protector (from HTC as well).
The Doubleshot Hard Shell is very nice, doesn't add much bulk. The grip is not as good as the original HTC back .. feel kinda' slippery. My only concert is that the plastic that covers the buttons will break, because the connection between the case and the button is very, very thin.
The screen protector does not cover the whole screen, but it's ok. I got that because 2 days after getting the phone I already had scratches. And believe me, when it comes to new gadgets, i'm very careful when using them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte