"Attentive Phone" feature missing

David Horn

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I have an 8X from EE but it's missing the "Attentive Phone" menu that should be in the settings. Anyone else got one that's showing a similar problem?

HTC tech support has been worse than useless - the usual cut-and-paste email with my name inserted in random places to make it seem hand-written. Which would have been nice if they hadn't used my surname by mistake. Apparently, I should try to install Zune and update the phone...

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
This is the first time I read about Attentive Phone settings not being present. Can you return the phone to EE (I'm assuming that's your carrier) not HTC because it could be faster for you to receive a replacement phone right away. See if other EE units has it and show it to them the missing settings on yours.

On a side not, you will need Windows Desktop App (in Beta ATM) or Windows Phone app (in Windows 8 computers). Zune doesn't support WP8 devices and it's on the way out.

David Horn

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Update:

Swapped it today for another and the replacement also has the feature missing. So it looks like T-Mobile have done what mobile operators do best and buggered the software. Found a leaked RUU on t'interwebs but it errors out.

It's with HTC now but obviously there's nothing they can do!

WillBrown

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
It's there on T-Mobile in the US. It's all the way down at the bottom of the settings menu, so you will miss it if you're not looking for it.

Dano79

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm I have tmous and it is there at the bottom I dont use it uncheck all that stuff it uses battery I would say your lucky, one less useless app IMO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon