HTC 8x does not support NFC payment?

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
According to the Wallet FAQ under "Why can't I make NFC transactions with my phone" it states "The easiest way to check and see if your phone supports NFC transactions is to go to...settings. . . . If you don't see an option to turn on "NFC transactions," then your phone doesn't support it."

Well, guess what, there is no option to turn on NFC transactions on my Verizon 8x. Do any of you see that option? Specifically, it should be under "Settings=PIN" in the wallet settings.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
you can't do NFC payments in the US because Microsoft sided with the carrier cabal to support ISIS, which has been stuck with a thumb in its *** since 2010 and is just now getting trials. You have to have a special ISIS SIM that negotiates the payment...and as YOU GUESSED IT...is only available on the small carrier cabal (Sprint is not part of it).

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
No such thing as an "ISIS phone" Just phones that support ISIS (which WP8 does) and an ISIS (secure) SIM. ISIS isn't ready yet and no telling when it will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISIS_(mobile_payment_system)

parties involved read like a who's who of shysters...

I apologize for not writing out 'phones that support ISIS'. christ

Who are the shysters? AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Discover, Barclaycard, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or AMEX?

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It was announced at the event in June that tap to pay wouldn't be available immediately and would be rolled out on a carrier by carrier basis. I believe they said Verizon will start supporting it Q1 of next year and when they do they'll probably just push out an update and say if you want it enabled you can request a new SIM that's compatible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo