Weather app for 920 with WORKING live tiles?

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Frustrated I've tried about every weather app and none of them have working live tiles. Not sure if this is a Lumia or WP8 issue. I don;t remember this issue on my WP7 phone. Even weather apps with configurable live tiles and selectable update schedules never update the weather.

Does anyone have a confirmed weather app where live tiles update the weather without any intervention?

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
My preinstalled weather channel app updates. Seems to be limited to half hour updates though, which is pretty reasonable. That's basically what other devices and OS I have used are limited to.

That said, I have heard other complaints regarding weather tiles. You are not alone.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Weather Channel app works
Microsoft Weather works
Weather View works

The only one that DOESN'T work that I know of is Amazing Weather...

Mangrove Mafia

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I second the MS app. It's not nearly as robust/feature rich as many of the other apps, but the live tile updates regularly and its easy to glance at the tile for temperature and conditions. I have a separate weather radar app installed for when rainy season comes back around.

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
The weather channel app stopped working for me after its last update--oh well, I didn't like the ads anyway. Weather Flow is great.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Weatherbug is one of the apps that I miss from Android. Yes, its on Windows Phone as well but the difference between the two apps is night and day. I paid for the premium version to remove ads and support development, and I loved the accuracy and the solid radar map. I would put down a couple of dollars for an add-free version of Weatherbug that was just as feature rich as the Android version but done with the metro style.

D

Deleted member 199301

How about a weather app that works on the lock screen? Anything yet?

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
You are pinning the livetile to the home screen, right? Swiping over to the apps and holding on the app icon to pin it will not give you live updates. Most weather apps have a "pin" button when you have the app open and running.

Most "metro" style weather apps are really weak on the information side of things. The stock weatherchannel app, as fugly as it is, is the only one I like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb