Do yourself a favor and perform a factory reset to improve your battery

Jetrii

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I realize that this has been posted before, but I can't stress exactly how much a factory reset has helped my battery life. Prior to the reset, my battery life was mediocre at best. I would have exchanged my phone, but all colors are sold out everywhere within a 50 mile radius. Didn't really see how a factory reset would help, but I did it anyway, and I have to say, I am glad that I did. After over 3 hours of active screen use and 12 hours of idle, my battery life is at around 50%. If you haven't done it yet, I highly suggest that you do.

Also, do not trust the battery indicator. After a full charge, I played games for 30 minutes and my battery remained at 100%. It then dropped from 100% to 90% in around 6 minutes, and 90% to 87% took two hours.

Last edited:

octn

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Can you give some details, what was your battery status (%100?, %50?) when you did the reset? Did you reset using settings->about->reset your phone menu or using the volume down, camera and power keys? Did you plug your phone in to the charger during the reset?

Thanks...

Jetrii

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Can you give some details, what was your battery status (%100?, %50?) when you did the reset? Did you reset using settings->about->reset your phone menu or using the volume down, camera and power keys? Did you plug your phone in to the charger during the reset?

Thanks...

I charged it to 100% before doing the factory reset. I went into the settings menu and reset it from there.

madsedan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has improved after the phone completely died and I recharged it.

In my opinion, the battery life on mine has been unacceptable up to this point though and I was considering taking it back and getting something else.

I left it plugged in all night Sunday, unplugged at 6:30 am leaving for work, checked my e-mail, sent and recieved a couple of text at 7 when getting to the office. Checked my words with friends stuff around 9 am and battery was at 50% or so with no running apps and sitting on my desk top. I didn't touch the phone until around 2:30 when checking e-mails and text and it had the heart indicated, I assumed it was just not an accurate indication of power, At 3 pm when going to check e-mail again the phone had shut down, completely dead. Gave it a little charge on the way home, powered it up to call the wife, etc and it went dead again around 8 pm.

I plugged it in after going dead last night and let it sit on charge all night, with same activity as yesterday my indicator as of 12:40 pm shows 93%.

If this holds steady I'll be fine but if it sucks again over the next few days I'm returning the phone inside my 14day window and looking at another option. I haven't had a mobile device needing this frequent of a charge in like 8 or 9 years. Taking it to a race this weekend out of town sucked as it went dead both days at the track before we left, all I did was take some pics and, check e-mail, a few text, and some facebook monitoring.

I had had NFC and bluetooth turned off since day one, and on my trip I was turning off wifi as a precaution to see if that helped with battery life. I also always make sure to "back out" of application using the back arrow so I leave nothing potentially running idle.

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has improved after the phone completely died and I recharged it.

In my opinion, the battery life on mine has been unacceptable up to this point though and I was considering taking it back and getting something else.

I left it plugged in all night Sunday, unplugged at 6:30 am leaving for work, checked my e-mail, sent and recieved a couple of text at 7 when getting to the office. Checked my words with friends stuff around 9 am and battery was at 50% or so with no running apps and sitting on my desk top. I didn't touch the phone until around 2:30 when checking e-mails and text and it had the heart indicated, I assumed it was just not an accurate indication of power, At 3 pm when going to check e-mail again the phone had shut down, completely dead. Gave it a little charge on the way home, powered it up to call the wife, etc and it went dead again around 8 pm.

I plugged it in after going dead last night and let it sit on charge all night, with same activity as yesterday my indicator as of 12:40 pm shows 93%.

If this holds steady I'll be fine but if it sucks again over the next few days I'm returning the phone inside my 14day window and looking at another option. I haven't had a mobile device needing this frequent of a charge in like 8 or 9 years. Taking it to a race this weekend out of town sucked as it went dead both days at the track before we left, all I did was take some pics and, check e-mail, a few text, and some facebook monitoring.

I had had NFC and bluetooth turned off since day one, and on my trip I was turning off wifi as a precaution to see if that helped with battery life. I also always make sure to "back out" of application using the back arrow so I leave nothing potentially running idle.

Im thinking there is something wrong with your battery. I have not had any problems, but will still consider a reset to see if it makes any difference. I have been streaming music, have the phone connected to hidden wifi which according to Windows 8 phone message will reduce battery charge. So far so good; but it sounds like you might want to replace the phone for a new one--that is of course that you like windows 8 besides the issue you are faced with.

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

Mine has been exactly the same. My phone locked and the battery drained. I revived it by plugging it into the mains.. Charged it all night. Since then i get a whole day with medium use, WiFi and bt on all day.

euchrid_eucrow

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I also had subpar battery life (about 8hrs total, email, one phone call, checking words with friends twice, reading twitter updates and one youtube video) until i let the battery drain completely and recharged. Since the recharge i'm getting about 20hrs with light usuage.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I didn't do a hard reset, but rather let it deplete to 0 a couple days in a row and fully charged it back up to 100% from there, since then it has been solid. No excessive warming up and stable good battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12