So, I spoke with Matt Rothshild from Nokia earlier...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
8lbs? I believe that's the phone itself, no box! :p

just kidding. glad you're getting something for you misery.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Lol. I can't wait till I get home from work today! I will let everyone know what all is in the box. The suspense is killing me.

lstrike

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Actually Apple I can speak for. I recently was a part of the iPhone 5 phones with scratches group. From the factory I was sent around 5 phones with scratches right out of the box. The customer service rep was the same throughout the process and was super nice. At one point they sent me to a local store so I could choose one in hopes that I would find a clean one. Long story short 7 later I settled on one. When the rep followed up I told him that I was just going to keep what I had. He said it wouldn't do and he wanted me completely satisfied. I was sent another phone this one was perfect.

Here is the awesome part. He gave me a call and told me to go to the Apple store because he was giving me 100$ to shop on accessories or anything else I wanted. I couldn't really make up my mind so I settled on a refurb iPod nano 6th Gen. Low and behold they ran out. I told the rep I would keep a look out. Well I didn't have to as he called me back and said they were in stock and to pick a color. I picked slate and he told me he would take care of the rest.

About a half hour later I was called and told they wouldn't sent me a refurb and told me to have a look at the new nano 16gb. I said great black please and the proceeded to ship it out! That thing was another 50 bucks! I received emails and fed ex replies throughout and two days later iPod in hand. I was shocked. Personally I have always had good customer service experiences with Apple. Should I have had to go through all that? Probably not but it was cool they stood behind their product and making things right.

Now before anyone screams ******, I have also had great experiences with Nokia and an typing this on my red 920. I also have a Nokia 808 and a Nexus 4 I was lucky enough to get an order through last week. Googles customer service blow's by the way...love the Nexus but holy cow what a terrible experience.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
And yet, when my first 920 was frozen on the Nokia screen, they expected me to ship it to them, wait a week, and they would ship another one back. Thank God AT&T assisted me.

M

mkr10001

I complained to nokia about my terrible ordeal with my lumia 800 battery and getting messed about by three.....they sent me a play 360 speaker but when THEY messed up my repair...they ignored my phone calls..... scumbags

Genesyn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nokia kicked ass for me when I had an issue with my Lumia 900. Their twitter team got me hooked up with a super fast exchange, didn't even have to go through AT&T for it. That's a big part of what made me want to go Nokia again for WP8.

ezcats

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Comment of the day!

Wish I could afford the 920 :( Played with it at the ATT store...awesome camera. Yes its a bit thick, but it just looks so cool!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
During my working career, I was most fortunate to work for Philips, Siemens and Carl Zeiss. Traveling to those European sites gave me a shock to see how each of these companies handled customer service. Nokia seems no different. I guess it's just the European mentality. I know people will have had horror stories about something from any company; the three I listed are no exceptions. It's just that I experienced first hand how I wanted to be treated as a customer.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
During my working career, I was most fortunate to work for Philips, Siemens and Carl Zeiss. Traveling to those European sites gave me a shock to see how each of these companies handled customer service. Nokia seems no different. I guess it's just the European mentality. I know people will have had horror stories about something from any company; the three I listed are no exceptions. It's just that I experienced first hand how I wanted to be treated as a customer.

I can see this. I used to work for IKEA, and they easily were the best company I have worked for. They treated their employees with a lot of respect, and offered a lot of training.

Klevis

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Simply awesome. Nokia might have been (and still may be) near the brink of going out of business (hopefully WP8 will change that), but they never forgot about great customer service. Lots of companies could learn from their ways.

I think Nokia''s dawnfall is overhyped. Clearly they are a wounded giant and not as powerful as before, but remember that at this day Nokia spends almost 8 billion $ in R&D, which is even higher than Google's and just a little lower than Microsoft's. They also have 100.000 employees.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte