Would like to have the ability to delete what appears on recent inside the People 's Hub

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It's annoying that we are not able to delete recent people you've call etc..etc.. from the recent section inside the people's hub. Since Windows Phone 7 was like that and i thought that they were going to give the user that ability now on Windows Phone 8 but we don't have it.:mad:

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
It's annoying that we are not able to delete recent people you've call etc..etc.. from the recent section inside the people's hub. Since Windows Phone 7 was like that and i thought that they were going to give the user that ability now on Windows Phone 8 but we don't have it.:mad:
I suppose you mean from the History on the Phone tile? I never knew one could do it on WP7, hahaha! I just tried it on my Focus; who would've thought?

That's crazy that WP8 doesn't let you. Any GOOD news about WP8? Crazy.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I suppose you mean from the History on the Phone tile? I never knew one could do it on WP7, hahaha! I just tried it on my Focus; who would've thought?

That's crazy that WP8 doesn't let you. Any GOOD news about WP8? Crazy.

No, i mean after you call a few people or visit their Facebook from the list of contacts in the people hub. There is a section on the people's hub when you swipe left that is called recent. It shows you the recent people you have called or visited their profile from the contacts list. It shows up to 8 person. I would like to have the option to delete that tiles of the people you called or visited their profile that shows on recent inside the people hub.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the few things I can't stand about windows phone. When I have expressed that in the past others have stated that only cheating spouses care about this! I value my privacy and hate this.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree 100%. But here's a tip:

If you open the Phone tile and delete the calls from the history, it will also delete them from the most recent in people hub. So if you make a recent call and you don't want it showing on the most recent in People hub, then delete it from the history of the phone tile.

edit: This also applies to texts.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You could also just quickly visit 8 people you don't mind people getting glances of.
Yeah, that one i knew it............. I can't not try it today cause i reset my phone and i don't want to use it cause i think i have an issue with the front camera and i might exchange it tomorrow. I'm waiting for replies on another thread to see if is me or the camera is like that but no one has say anything related about that

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Had not done this since I got the 920. I just tried it and it does NOT seem to be working. I could have sworn I did this on my 7.5 Titan. Bummer.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
If I delete the call history or texts they still remain on the recent. Only way I have found that works is to delete the contact and then it disappears from recent. Then you can re add the contact. Annoying but it works.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If this works for deleting phone calls, it does *not* work for just deleting texts (at least not on my Gen1 Titan). I've deleted texts/threads from the Messaging app and the contact still remains in the "Recent" tiles list. If someone were to write an app to address this, it would be a best seller (ATTN: Devs!!!!).

For sh!ts and giggles I just tried deleting all the phone calls from a specific contact that doesn't IM me and they still appear in the Recent tiles list, so whatever you're doing MaulerX, it doesn't apply to my phone or OS version :( ...sigh... maybe you have a custom ROM?

Techiedude

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
How many times does someone pick up your phone while you're not looking, go to the People hub, and then look at your recent contacts?

Brooke Boulanger

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried this, deleting the call history and text messages and it still did not remove the person from the recent hub. I value my privacy as well. I have nothing to hide but sometimes think its ridiculous that all of this is displayed. I leave my phone laying around all the time and don't care if my boyfriend picks it up. I wish this wasn't there at all!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa