My Lumia 920 Just Died

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Kevin, what are we going to do with you?

First the plastic, and now you've destroyed another SIM slot!

Nano SIMs and you do not get along. :(

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
First of all Kevin, what the **** are you doing here? You're meant to be die-hard BlackBerry! LOL. Heck, I even remember you back when I was that outspoken teen with a BlackBerry 8520...

Secondly, I hope to god I don't have this issue with my 820... Guess you're gonna have to cough up the dough to get it fixed...

diplomat696

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My 920 Just died too, have it on a charger right now to see if it helps/fixes itself but really do not feel like hard resetting, this is pretty much BS, going to call Nokia Support if it does not come back on and ***** them out completely.

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Why would you be adverse to hard resetting. It is not a factory reset. Yes, deeper than putting your phone to sleep, but no different than turning it off.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My 920 Just died too, have it on a charger right now to see if it helps/fixes itself but really do not feel like hard resetting, this is pretty much BS, going to call Nokia Support if it does not come back on and ***** them out completely.

Isn't the reset just the same as resetting a battery?

gbx5

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I read on another forum that someone, who had contacted Nokia Customer Service, was asked by Nokia if by any chance his phone was purchased from Rogers in the first days of release. I found that interesting.

Not surprised, I am on my 4th rogers 920...hope this one will be good. All the past ones have shown signs of the unit being a cleaned up display/demo unit (possibly from hardware fairs or tech conventions).

They all had common things such as
-battery dead out of the box
-shoddy build quality

Probably rogers was able to get them for cheap while simultaneously allowing them to release the phones 1 month earlier than anywhere else in the world.

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Shoddy build quality definitely contribute to Kevin's problems.
Not removing the plastic and jamming the SIM card in when there was a SIM card converter in there.

Yep. Shoddy Nokia/Rogers quality.

Wow.

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
hey no hating on Kevin, he's our beloved Crackberry leader...i too am a diehard Blackberry fan just getting bored and playing with new phones / comparing platforms.

That being said...that's crazy - two devices with the same issue. Thanks to your video on Crackberry about the sim adapter getting stuck on the pins of the 9900, I (barely) escaped from it myself...sim adapter came out and one pin was sticking straight up...i almost wet myself. thankfully, all is well.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
hey no hating on Kevin, he's our beloved Crackberry leader...i too am a diehard Blackberry fan just getting bored and playing with new phones / comparing platforms.

That being said...that's crazy - two devices with the same issue. Thanks to your video on Crackberry about the sim adapter getting stuck on the pins of the 9900, I (barely) escaped from it myself...sim adapter came out and one pin was sticking straight up...i almost wet myself. thankfully, all is well.
We don't hate Kevin. We love him.

Friends always like to tease friends who do silly or hasty things.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I have this same problem. It has happened to me twice. Is it because of an app? The two times it has shut off has happened when the phone hadn't been touched or used for a while. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is the only problem I seem to be having.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss