State of the HTC 8x and its HORRIBLE battery

finiterex

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC 8x battery life is horrible

Is it me or is battery life on the Nokia Lumia range horrific compared to any other WP8 phone?

I'm charging twice a day when i used to charge my iPhone 4s once a day with the same usage profile. Personally i think this is an OS and firmware issue around background tasks including radio/wifi/account sync/data management and particularly around 3rd party apps.

MS and the device OEMs need to sort this - battery life is the highest priority with mobile devices. Anyone else remember the old skool Nokias that would go days even with heavy use?

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC 8x battery life is horrible

Is it me or is battery life on the Nokia Lumia range horrific compared to any other WP8 phone?

I'm charging twice a day when i used to charge my iPhone 4s once a day with the same usage profile. Personally i think this is an OS and firmware issue around background tasks including radio/wifi/account sync/data management and particularly around 3rd party apps.

MS and the device OEMs need to sort this - battery life is the highest priority with mobile devices. Anyone else remember the old skool Nokias that would go days even with heavy use?
Having had the Lumia 920, I found its battery to be random. Sometimes ok, more often not. The 8X is good and the Ativ S blows both out of the water as it lasts nearly twice as long as the 8X, in normal use.

Alan Rahimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery help needed

i have seen a huge increase in the battery life of my 8x when i deleted any unwanted apps like huge games and apps with a lot of memory needed, my battery lasts longer but i don't turn 3g or anything on at school because i don't have any connection so i don't see the point

Mike_K

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

If apps are running in the background, it will drain your battery. With my HTC 8X, while it's only two days old, I let the battery drop to 1-2% and recharged it fully overnight to "calibrate" the phone so it knows the battery's true capacity. I'm doing this for the next couple days. Out of the box, I also enabled power saving for when the battery gets low, disabled most live tiles that I don't need, etc..

I've been going 12 hours with moderate use such as texting, facebook, internet, music, and the odd short phone call, and I'm at 49%. I consider that very reasonable. Although lots of cases are different, but you have to give it time and use to improve. I also don't live in the best service area, I keep Wifi on all the time, auto brightness for screen, Bluetooth and NFC are off.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

how long are you keep on leaving it until 1-2% because i have been doing this for about 1 month

You shouldn't do that regularly..that will kill a battery quicker than anything you can do. You should run it dead about once a month to every six weeks. Generally try to keep your battery above 20% or so...that will help keep it fresh for as long as possible.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Idk if this is obvious or not, but I'm pretty sure the heat of the phone throughout the day is an evident factor of the phone working too hard, thus draining battery unexpectedly. Therefore, restart you phone if it ever gets too hot, and battery life should improve.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
This would be 2 duds in a row :/
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

This information comes from HTC Europe and was posted on pocketpc.ch

- You should, once in a while switch off your phone while still connected to the charger when it has completed its charge cycle. It will restart and charge some more. This is due to battery meters that are not properly adjusted. You should repeat this procedure at least 3-4 times or until the charge light goes to green quickly after the restart. (I tried this on my two 8X, adds like 35min of charging it seems. Battery seems to be better afterwards.)

Give it a try!

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
This information comes from HTC Europe and was posted on pocketpc.ch

- You should, once in a while switch off your phone while still connected to the charger when it has completed its charge cycle. It will restart and charge some more. This is due to battery meters that are not properly adjusted. You should repeat this procedure at least 3-4 times or until the charge light goes to green quickly after the restart. (I tried this on my two 8X, adds like 35min of charging it seems. Battery seems to be better afterwards.)

Give it a try!

What is "quickly"? I couldn't seem to get this to work. Check your battery tips thread.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

If apps are running in the background, it will drain your battery. With my HTC 8X, while it's only two days old, I let the battery drop to 1-2% and recharged it fully overnight to "calibrate" the phone so it knows the battery's true capacity. I'm doing this for the next couple days. Out of the box, I also enabled power saving for when the battery gets low, disabled most live tiles that I don't need, etc..

I've been going 12 hours with moderate use such as texting, facebook, internet, music, and the odd short phone call, and I'm at 49%. I consider that very reasonable. Although lots of cases are different, but you have to give it time and use to improve. I also don't live in the best service area, I keep Wifi on all the time, auto brightness for screen, Bluetooth and NFC are off.

Background apps do not drain battery. They update their tiles once every thirty minutes, which is a very miniscule amount of time, so not much processing power is needed for them.

Also, when you say you keep Wi-Fi on, do you mean only when there isn't good data connection or at all times even when not connected to wireless internet?

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My 8X drains zero when off. For a night, if I store it a week, it will lose battery. Like down to 80% after two weeks. This is supposed to be normal for Li batteries which tend to go to 70-80% during storage.

dougger1977

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Suddenly Horrible Battery Life

This morning, I pulled the phone off the charger and after 3 hours I'm down to 80%. Usually, at this point in the day, I'm at 90-95%. If anything, I've used it less today than normal. The only app that's been updated in the past week is ProShot and that was yesterday. Coincidence? I've restarted the phone twice today and it's still burning hard and fast. Thoughts?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Suddenly Horrible Battery Life

Have you been traveling? A lot of times if the phone is always searching for a solid data connection, the battery will drain quickly. When traveling while in a car, train, what have you, try to keep mobile data off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720