Microsoft Account will not complete syncing

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Just happend to Me, but I'm without a PC right now, and I take alot of photos, so I can't just reset the device. Any chance this might just fix itself? After all, I assume it's something Microsoft is working on? Have done nothing to the phone and it worked fine yesterday... So something must have happend at some almighty server somewhere?

ac4rumuser

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
As many others have suggested removing Skype resolved this issue for me.

However, I want to bring couple other points in to picture to see if anybody else went down the same path and ended up with the issue described in this thread.

Everything was working for me on my L920 including Skype. But when I was working on my Windows 8 PC and installed Skype on the PC, it asked me if I want to merge the Skype and Microsoft accounts. I chose to merge them. After that Skype and everything else seem to work fine on my PC BUT broke the sync process on my L920. I am not sure if the account merger has anything to do with it. I could only resolve it by removing Skype from my phone and resetting the phone.

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Removed Skype, but do i still have to reset The Phone? Would hate to lose all my pictures and media. No PC to back up on and skydrive=ms account

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So I can confirm that the whole delete Skype and reboot thin works. But ain't instantaneously fixed, but give it a little time , maybe reboot one more time. 😃

t0nin0t

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem

I had
3 accounts (hotmail, nokia, and facebook)
also many apps (including skype, ect)

first I noticed that people hub is crashing.
Then I found this thread.

-> I set phone to fly mode.
Noticed that the microsoft account isn't syncing (hotmail was syncing all the time)

-> Deleted Skype
-> Soft reset

Now facebook isn't syncincg but the hotmail account does...

-> soft reset again

Hotmail (synced)
Nokia (connected)
Facebook (needs some settings)

I click facebook and set password again.
Now it synced

Hmm.... wtf.

Thanks.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
having same issue with constant syncing of microsoft account. After the fix, does this problem happen again and again? I dont want to keep doing this.

sloring

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone still having this problem? I am, and even after deleting Skype and all of my accounts, my Microsoft Account still will not complete syncing.

AkAdam

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I just started having this issue today (8/29/13)!! Out of nowhere my Lumia 925 just reset itself and when it turned back on my Microsoft Account, Twitter and Linked In keep saying SYNCING... I tried uninstalling Skype and soft resetting, but it hasn't fixed anything. When I try to look at my e-mails I just get kicked back to the start screen. Same thing when I try to check my text messages or Facebook Chat. Also the People Hub keeps kicking me back to the start screen after a few seconds. What else can I do to fix this?? It's basically making my phone useless for any type of communication!

Shabalstaff

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No need for the re-set. Just delete Skype then close phone and re-start. The account will no longer be greyed out so high-light it an hold which will allow delete. Re-create the account and in my case all was well.

Fallakin

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Realized I was having this problem today. Went through and disabled Text Backups and it is working again...

Not sure if I'll be able to re-enable that, but it guess if not its NBD.

Sidenote: On a 1020, so its not limited to 920's.

scottinmd

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just encountered this on a 1020 running developers preview. Read Dan's initial suggestion of deleting my old back up. Didn't fix the problem. Soft reset, no change. Deleted Skype then soft reset. No change. Turned off text backup and still no change. Help....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo