Incredible quality

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So today someone put the Christmas music channel on at work. I hate Christmas music. Luckily, I had just transferred a big chunk of my music collection on to my 920.

So I pulled out my old iPod headphones and plugged into my phone and happily drowned out the evil music. As I was listening to my phone, I looked down and noticed how cheap my apple ear buds looked when connected to my phone. I remember a time when those buds were hip and looked like high quality. Guess apple sold their creative soul out.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
The new Earpods are pretty nice. But more importantly; what's wrong with Christmas music!!?? I start listening right after Halloween :)

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
What I was getting at was there was a time when those white ear buds meant quality. It was a status symbol that you paid a premium for it. Well you still pay a premium for it but the quality just isn't there on their headphones. They are only 2 years old with little use.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The new Earpods are pretty nice. But more importantly; what's wrong with Christmas music!!?? I start listening right after Halloween :)

I worked retail for 7 years. And every year it seemed to start earlier and earlier to the point where Halloween stuff was still up and Christmas music was playing.

Darus214

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure if you really like and care about music you would have never used the apple ear buds as your headphones. They sound like crap yet everyone seems to use them

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
What I was getting at was there was a time when those white ear buds meant quality. It was a status symbol that you paid a premium for it. Well you still pay a premium for it but the quality just isn't there on their headphones. They are only 2 years old with little use.

The earbuds can be had for $20-$30 bucks. THEY are not what were the status symbol or quality. They were just cheap, and I think everyone and their mother has a pair by now. My sock drawer accumulated about 5 pairs, brand new, as I never used those crappy things with my Apple products. But I think I understand where you are coming from. The Luma is new and Bold. The iPhone is a bit old and tired.

tehkei

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a pair of apple earbuds that lived through a washer and dryer run, I think they are great quality. sadly the pair did not stand up against a pair of high strung huskies.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The earbuds can be had for $20-$30 bucks. THEY are not what were the status symbol or quality. They were just cheap, and I think everyone and their mother has a pair by now. My sock drawer accumulated about 5 pairs, brand new, as I never used those crappy things with my Apple products. But I think I understand where you are coming from. The Luma is new and Bold. The iPhone is a bit old and tired.

Lol u nailed it. And those headphones looked awful connected to my phone. I only used them because that was all I had on me at work:(

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Back when iPods first came out, you could single out the people that owned them by their bright white Apple earbuds. For a time it was a safety concern to be out in certain areas and wear them. It was like walking around carrying a sign that said Hi, I'm loaded. There were a number of muggings and sensationalized media reports telling consumers about the dangers of using iPods in public. Anytime you are seen owning & operating a big ticket item it is going to draw attention your way and it isn't always wanted. There is always a certain 'element' to be mindful of.

Things we considered top of the line years ago no longer apply now. I can't rock my pager anymore and my Nokia 5120 probably wouldn't get a signal. I had a sweet Cardinals faceplate for it though. On the flip side, when you see technology stand the test of time it is far more enjoyable and a great conversation to have. Like how an original Nintendo Entertainment System still works to this day and functions exactly the same way it did at launch. Sure, the games may have been surpassed graphically and the unnatural way the computer controlled opponents level up to present more of a challenge has been replaced with adaptive AI. But they are still just as fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss