Nokia Wireless charging stand and plate in Canada?

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
No love for Canadians apparently. I can't find these things for sale anywhere!

Is there anywhere to directly order these from Nokia? Or does anyone have an alternate solution? I can't even find the energizer qi charger anywhere (it did just go up on amazon.ca though, for 80-260 dollars.)

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem.. I go to the US frequently enough that I hope to just find one at an AT&T store next time I go down :/

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I stopped by Rogers Plus today and I was informed that a charging plate is coming soon and to keep an eye out. They were not aware of any other accessories coming yet.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the Microsoft Store at Yorkdale Mall in Toronto has many accessories if you have any access to that.

Last edited:

pdjcrawford

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I stopped by Rogers Plus today and I was informed that a charging plate is coming soon and to keep an eye out. They were not aware of any other accessories coming yet.Edit: Forgot to mention that the Microsoft Store at Yorkdale Mall in Toronto has many accessories if you have any access to that.
I was at Yorkdale for the opening. They had wireless chargers bit wanted $70+HST for one. I passed. I'll check an AT&T here in Chicago during Black Friday to see what they might have.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Eh, I don't think it's a Canada thing. Nowhere around here has them in stock. The MS store had the stands and that is all they have gotten in thus far, according to some employees I talked to.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm it's the stand. I was at MS store on the Friday it opened.
BLACK only.
Standard pricing is 69.99, and MS is offering it for 69.99... so can't really complain much.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I live in Waterloo so I can easily get to the MS Store at Yorkdale. I guess I could call them and check if they have any in stock

Also, even tho they are on Amazon.com, Canadians can only order from Amazon.ca which doesn't have them.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
yeah Amazon.com usually doesn't ship to Canada so no help there.
I'll visit or call MS Store and update here if anything is in stock.
When I bought my L920 last Sunday they had the wireless charging stand, but I think only in black (well I don't think they'd have other colours in stock since they only offer the black phone~.~)

hahabowen

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I went to a Microsoft kiosk West Edmonton Mall here in Edmonton and they had the wireless stands in stock.. If you have a Microsoft store/kiosk near you, I would check there!

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I ended up buying an LG WCP-700 from ebay for around $45. works like a charm...it's not an the qi compatibility page but has the symbol on the back of the charger.

grapemanca

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It's Dec. 15, and there are no charging plates - or frankly any other high-value Nokia 920 accessories - out here in BC. The Rogers agent who sold me my phone said he was told he'd get some in FEBRUARY.

February? Unbelievable. So much for the Christmas rush.

I've been to all of the local electronic stores (FS, BB, the Source) and most of the clerks have not even seen a Nokia 920, and they certainly don't have any accessories.

On the upside, a local kiosk vendor finally brought in some decent generic cases.

I generally like my 920, but it's hard to see the phone as anything but a dead-end product right now. I had bought the phone in November assuming I could make its accessories the basis of my Christmas wish list. I guess it's back to ties!

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
It's Dec. 15, and there are no charging plates - or frankly any other high-value Nokia 920 accessories - out here in BC. The Rogers agent who sold me my phone said he was told he'd get some in FEBRUARY.

February? Unbelievable. So much for the Christmas rush.

I've been to all of the local electronic stores (FS, BB, the Source) and most of the clerks have not even seen a Nokia 920, and they certainly don't have any accessories.

On the upside, a local kiosk vendor finally brought in some decent generic cases.

I generally like my 920, but it's hard to see the phone as anything but a dead-end product right now. I had bought the phone in November assuming I could make its accessories the basis of my Christmas wish list. I guess it's back to ties!

Yeah it's hard being a WP fan in Canada, but the OS is too great to let go, I would never wanna use iOS and Android gets annoying after more use too.
I think we can all manage to get accessories somewhere... just have to dig more

dermotf

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I gave up and drove down to Bellingham WA and picked up the wireless charging stand from AT&T. It was a little pricey but I love it. Also picked up the plate charger from my daughter for Christmas.

I just can't understand why Rogers doesn't have these. They would sell lots for Christmas because they make great gifts.

hahabowen

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I gave up and drove down to Bellingham WA and picked up the wireless charging stand from AT&T. It was a little pricey but I love it. Also picked up the plate charger from my daughter for Christmas.

I just can't understand why Rogers doesn't have these. They would sell lots for Christmas because they make great gifts.

How much are they selling for the charging plate?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb