Lumia 920 and My Ford Touch

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Lumia 920 and I'm having a bunch of problems with it and My Ford Touch in my new Focus. My old Samsung Focus with WP7 worked without any issues. When I try to use Bluetooth streaming with the new Lumia the phone will freak out after about 30 minutes and disconnect from the system. I also if I skip tracks from either the phone or any of the buttons in the car it disconnects. If I plug in the phone to the USB port it index's and I can play music off the phone. But after about 30 minutes again it freaks out and disconnects. I'm on the latest version of My Ford Touch. I'm wondering if anyone else with a Lumia 920 is able to use it with My Ford Touch and if they have been having issues? I've disconnected and repaired the phone. I've also performed a master reset of the MFT system. I've also turned the phone off and on again and nothing seems to help.

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I posted their as well. I haven't gotten any responses their yet. Do you have the Lumia 920? I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the Bluetooth chipset. I'm going to try the wife's phone tomorrow and see if her phone has any issues. Hopefully that will help me figure out which device to blame.

nitrocs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Lumia 920 and I'm having a bunch of problems with it and My Ford Touch in my new Focus. My old Samsung Focus with WP7 worked without any issues. When I try to use Bluetooth streaming with the new Lumia the phone will freak out after about 30 minutes and disconnect from the system. I also if I skip tracks from either the phone or any of the buttons in the car it disconnects. If I plug in the phone to the USB port it index's and I can play music off the phone. But after about 30 minutes again it freaks out and disconnects. I'm on the latest version of My Ford Touch. I'm wondering if anyone else with a Lumia 920 is able to use it with My Ford Touch and if they have been having issues? I've disconnected and repaired the phone. I've also performed a master reset of the MFT system. I've also turned the phone off and on again and nothing seems to help.

i had these exact same issues in my 2012 EDGE
you should check to see if youre still on 3.22
i brought the truck in & they updated the software to 3.25 (which just came out in late oct/early nov) and installed a new nav SD card
ever since, i have had no issues with the stream disconnecting or phone locking up in the car

also, the nav updates make the maps easier to see traffic on & the menus are revised/cleaner

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
With my old Samsung Focus and the new Lumia 920 (when it's working) Artist/Song info is displayed on MFT. I know some vehicles are able to be upgraded to a new version of Sync/MyFordTouch but I don't know if the update is available for my car yet. I am running 3.2.2. I tried the FordService twitter account, I'm going to email Ford support and see if they give me anything. I'll stop by my dealer next week if needed to check about an upgrade.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
no problems with song and artist names here
So it actually shows the names on your dashboard? Mine never has, but that might just be an old firmware problem. What are the steps to upgrade the firmware? (I guess I can look it up)

EDIT: Looks like there is new functionality added with the latest update, which I know we don't have since our car is a year old. Kind of sucks to have to get your VIN information to register on their site. Definitely not doing that right now lol.

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the dealer update my system to 3.5.1 and it seems to have fixed my issues. I have some more testing to do to make sure but so far so good. Only issue I was still seeing is when I turn the car on and it resumes playing music off the phone the audio skips horribly. I would have to change the source to the radio or Sirius and back over to the BT Stereo source for it to stop skipping audio. I think it has something to do with the auto-phonebook download. I disabled the auto-update for the phonebook and the audio skipping issue seems to have gone away. I will perform more testing and if I have any other issues I will post them.

dragon285

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
It works great on my auto Ford Flex. The only problem I have is that not all of my contacts load up on the FordTouch. I also had the samsung focus and it never gave me a problem. Have you heard anything about contacts loading??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel