Has Anyone Successfully Unlocked their Nokia Lumia 920 through 3rd Party Source?

backslashV

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I contacted them yesterday and they said right now they're not able to unlock AT&T Lumia 920. I was told to check back within 2-3 weeks.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Well after waiting over 2 weeks and having confirmed my IMEI number a number of times Cellunlocket.net said they were checking an 'alternative database'. I just got an email to say they cannot unlock the phone and have refunded me. I honestly can't find out how to unlock this phone, which is becoming a pain as at the moment its basically a very expensive paperweight stuck to a PAYG sim. Does anyone have anyone that they have managed to unlock the phone with at all?!

wp7USER

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Man, am having the same problem. Like I'm using the most ******ed phone as a replacement phone for quite some months now since my Radar died (R.I.P) and now that I got the phone that I was so anxiously waiting on I cant use it as my daily phone because I cant get it unlocked. Hopefully this week something happens or else I will go crazy!!!

wp7USER

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I just got my unlock code from unlock.canadagsm.ca it cost me 29 plus tax. Haven't tried it yet but when I do I will confirm. Quite happy at this moment.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, some folks have successfully unlocked their Rogers 920 through cellunlocker.net. However, not all the Rogers 920's can be unlocked as not all IMEI's have shown up in the database. From the information at hand, it seems that only some of the 44/2012 week builds have been unlocked. I've been told that more IMEI's will be added to their database in the next week or so.

they couldnt get a code for me today. build 45/2012, rogers.

wp7USER

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Where did you buy the phone from? Rogers store or Microsoft store ?

From the Rogers plus store at Eaton. I first had a build 45/2012 but I returned it because it had a vibrating rattling noise which this build (46/2012) still has.

wp7USER

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to note is that internet sharing and receiving mms doesn't work for me. I can send mms but can't receive which is beyond weird. Am with wind mobile so if anyone has any info to share upon that please feel free to do so.

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
is vibrating issue common?

the 920 from at&t i purchased seems to not vibrate correctly.... also has the yellowish tint for capacitive keys...

now with there almost being no hope of getting my at&t version unlocked anytime soon, im wondering if i should just return it for a full refund :(

stjeffrey

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought 2 920s from Rogers and are 46/2012 builds.
One was quickly unlocked from cellunlocker.net and the other I got a refund after about 2 hours saying they couldn't do it.
I then tried unlock.canadagsm.ca on Friday night and still waiting for a code. Hopefully I get the code soon :)
My phone also rattles when vibrating but it's really the only thing thats "wrong" about this phone so far.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been able to find a third party outside Canada (or can i use a Canadian site to unlock an international phone?) I've scoured my local area and online and I haven't been able to find anywhere that say they can unlock the 920.

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I gave up trying to unlock it with a 3rd party and finally paid Rogers their $50 fee to get it unlocked. Took all of 20 minutes on the phone to get it done.

ashyk36

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you purchase the phone locked to EE, is it not possible to get the code off EE themselves?

In the past I have been able to get an unlock code off vodafone

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my device from Phones 4 U sim-free which of course means that its locked to EE, T-Mobile and Orange... I've got an Orange PAYG sim in it and having called Orange they won't unlock the device until the sim has been in it for 3 months and at that point they start the process which will take 20 business days (basically a month). I'm just trying to find a quicker solution.

Shahid Mehmood

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
hi
have you recived your code from cellunlocker.net and if yes how many days they took, i have ordered aswell for my nokia lumia 920 on Orange.
But dont know will get or not theres another website claiming they can unlock this handset and its cheaper then cellunlocker.net, it callef Mr uocker..please reply i m waiting for your answer

Shahid Mehmood

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my device from Phones 4 U sim-free which of course means that its locked to EE, T-Mobile and Orange... I've got an Orange PAYG sim in it and having called Orange they won't unlock the device until the sim has been in it for 3 months and at that point they start the process which will take 20 business days (basically a month). I'm just trying to find a quicker solution.

try mrunlocker they claiming they can unlock your phone plus charge you only 20 pounds

Shahid Mehmood

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I am currently in the process of trying to unlock my phone from Cellunlocker.net for my UK Orange PAYG phone. I don't know what batch my phone is or how to tell you that but I phoned around every unlocking shop in my area and tried every unlocking site I could find online and only Cellunlocker, another site with a very similar name I forget or Mobileunlocked.co.uk claimed to be able to unlock the phone on the 9/10th of November when I first was looking and got my phone. I decided to use Cellunlocker, as it was the cheapest at the time (cost me ?25 and they're not charging nearly ?40 for the same phone) compared to the ?55 Mobileunlocked.co.uk wanted. I figured that if it went wrong or they couldn't unlock it I could always get my money back through paypal. Also Cellunlocker said they could do it within 3-10 business days whereas the other one said 4-18 business days.

I've repeatedly emailed them over the intervening time and they've reassured me that they are able to unlock the phone and I am due to receive my code today. I'll post back in here when I know more. The website stresses the 3-10 business day thing isn't a hard and fast rule (I believe the 10th day was actually yesterday) but I'm anxious to put my 3 sim in this 920 just like anyone else and I'll let you know when I know more!

EDIT: Just received this mail;

So it seems like I'll have to wait until tomorrow or Monday to get my code. Grr!

hi
have u recived your code or still waiting i have ordered from same website for my nokia lumia 920?? please reply thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)