Has Anyone Successfully Unlocked their Nokia Lumia 920 through 3rd Party Source?

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just received a reply from mrunlock's CS and this is what I got regarding the AT&T Lumia 920:
"Hello,

Thanks for the email.

Yes we can unlock your handset.

To order, please follow the link below:

Mr Unlock - unlocking mobile phones with phone unlock codes!

On the rare occasion we cannot unlock handsets. If it happens, we'll
refund your money back to your account.
--
Kind regards,

Lucy Fox

Mr Unlock Ltd"

They offer the service for ?17.95. If anyone's willing to try let us know your experience.

yustheman

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Your order reference number is: *********

Unlock Code Unavailable

We have refunded your order in full. Please allow 3-4 working days to see cleared funds in your account.

Why?

Unfortunately the unlock code for your IMEI number:*********************** is not available.

This could be because the phone manufacturer has not yet added it to their database, it is an unsupported model, or you entered the IMEI incorrectly upon ordering.

Kind regards,

Lucy Fox
Customer Support

Mr Unlock

avoidconfusion

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Your order reference number is: *********

Unlock Code Unavailable

We have refunded your order in full. Please allow 3-4 working days to see cleared funds in your account.

Why?

Unfortunately the unlock code for your IMEI number:*********************** is not available.

This could be because the phone manufacturer has not yet added it to their database, it is an unsupported model, or you entered the IMEI incorrectly upon ordering.

Kind regards,

Lucy Fox
Customer Support

Mr Unlock

Ah man that is unfortunate... sucks that they advertise that they can do it but then they actually can't ! Makes me hesitant to pay ?54 to Unlock Frog upfront and having to wait days until they finally get back to me and say they can't unlock it....

yustheman

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
i am getting frustrated to be honest. The last resort would be unlockfrog with their method. But im pretty sure now that they all use the same database so i think im going to have to wait a little longer.. It maybe because of the phone i bought was from phones4u, and not ee/orange/t-mobile direct. Has anybody else tried?

avoidconfusion

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I did not try unlockfrog myself but when I send them a mail asking them about how they are doing it they told me it is actually a manual process which is why it takes 1-14 days, rather than just pulling a code out of a live database.

But yea paying ?54 for that is too much of a gamble to be honest...

inocane

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Just placed order with frog....
I've L920 on PAYG Orange using T-Mobile - They told to [WARN]select UK-EE[/WARN] as operator !!!
54 is not cheap (399+54(+10sim) still less then 520), and paid by PayPal (additional insurance).....

avoidconfusion

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just placed order with frog....
I've L920 on PAYG Orange using T-Mobile - They told to [WARN]select UK-EE[/WARN] as operator !!!
54 is not cheap (399+54(+10sim) still less then 520), and paid by PayPal (additional insurance).....

The main "turn off" for me is the expected delivery time of "up to" 14 days... for a premium of ?54 I find that a bit unacceptable...

Please keep us posted on how quickly you get the code.

jsv83

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I gave unlockfrog a chance (and paid them the 80ish canadian to try), they emailed the next day to confirm my IMEI then refunded me the next day saying they couldn't unlock it, said to try again in a few weeks. Can anyone confirm how long it took for the 900 to go from release date to when unlock codes became available? Do I really have to wait the full 6 months?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I gave unlockfrog a chance (and paid them the 80ish canadian to try), they emailed the next day to confirm my IMEI then refunded me the next day saying they couldn't unlock it, said to try again in a few weeks. Can anyone confirm how long it took for the 900 to go from release date to when unlock codes became available? Do I really have to wait the full 6 months?

Yup!

kingraven

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
the Lumia 920 is only locked to carrier and without unlock codes (for now) in the US. AT&T paid for this right for 6 months. Only AT&T can authorize the release of unlock codes. Since this is a short exclusivity deal just wait it out. OR sell it off and buy an international 920 and get the unlock codes. Whatever you feel works better for you.

yustheman

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Not as of yet, still waiting for the full refund from MR Unlock, been 5 days now. Also waiting for the unlock code from fonefunshop.co.uk. Hope i can get the unlock code this week from them. This is turning out to be a nightmare... Anybody else like to add to this????????

avoidconfusion

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I had ordered an Unlock code on Friday but had to subsequently (try to) cancel the order as my Lumia 920 had some defects I wasn't happy with. Unfortunately this all happened during their out of office hours and today they sent me the code which I cannot try out anymore since the phone has been replaced. :(

I am currently trying to get this resolved, will keep you posted.

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Not as of yet, still waiting for the full refund from MR Unlock, been 5 days now. Also waiting for the unlock code from fonefunshop.co.uk. Hope i can get the unlock code this week from them. This is turning out to be a nightmare... Anybody else like to add to this????????

Im also waiting for my code from fonefunshop.co.uk

Ill update here if i get it or not

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad